turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 28in

Started by jdub2041, December 26, 2011, 08:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdub2041

I have Remington 870 with a 28 in barrel, thinking about making this my turkey slayer this year. Where should I start( choke -shell combo) gonna deep clean the barrel before I polish

njdevilsb

Remington SF choke and Hevi 13 #7's.  I have that exact gun.  I killed 2 birds with that combo the first year I had it, but they were both within 20 yards.  I'm getting 130-140 hits in the 10" at 40 yards with that setup. 

Eric Gregg

Quote from: njdevilsb on December 26, 2011, 11:01:56 PM
Remington SF choke and Hevi 13 #7's.  I have that exact gun.  I killed 2 birds with that combo the first year I had it, but they were both within 20 yards.  I'm getting 130-140 hits in the 10" at 40 yards with that setup. 

I have the REM SF Turkey Choke. Can you shoot Hevi Shot through it?

njdevilsb

I have the Hevi version of it.  I know some people shoot Hevi through the Lead Only chokes, but I'm not one of them.

drenalinld

The Rem SF Hevi version choke or the Hevi turkey choke and Hevi 7's!!! :z-guntootsmiley:

Eric Gregg

Quote from: njdevilsb on December 27, 2011, 10:25:22 AM
I have the Hevi version of it.  I know some people shoot Hevi through the Lead Only chokes, but I'm not one of them.

Where did you get the choke? Is it manufactured by Remington?

jdub2041

I ran across a deal on a hs undertaker (5$)says it is a .582 wondering if anyone has shot any federal HW 6's or 7's

njdevilsb

Quote from: TeocTom on December 27, 2011, 04:25:32 PM
Quote from: njdevilsb on December 27, 2011, 10:25:22 AM

Where did you get the choke? Is it manufactured by Remington?

It is manufactured by Remington.  I'm not sure where I got it to be honest.  I checked around a bit and I could only find the Lead Only one. 

gobbler336

i have the same gun, i shoot the rem sf and the tss#9's wwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooowwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the pure gold 570 actually patterns tighter but my point of aim is of so i "settled" for the rem sf.  really that stuff is the real deal.

jdub2041

How can I get my hands on some of these tss loads

jdub2041

Shot the lil remy today after I deep cleaned the barrel. At 30 yards first shot was 151 and second was 160 in a 10 in circle. This was with the old Remington hevishot shot #6, how do the new hevishot compare to these. These were shot through a . 582 undetaker choke and I really like the patterns for hunting

CB on the run

I have the REM SF Turkey Choke. Can you shoot Hevi Shot through it?
[/quote]

Yes, I have the original 'lead only' and Hevishot and Federal HW's are all that go though it.  Probably about 150 rounds now since 2007.

CB

Devastator

i would highly recommend a truglo ssx .550 and the fed heavy weight 7's.