turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which rifle?

Started by OLE RASPY, December 25, 2011, 12:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

22.250 or .223 to hunt predators.The walmart where i live has a .223 savage for $297.00.Thanks for the replies.

Woodsman4God

If its close range, under 300 yards you cant go wrong with either however I do like me some Savage guns and thats not a bad deal

kamski1151

I've got a savage in 22-250 and love it. Great on them Yotes.

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

vaturkey

Both cal. are great predator guns. 223 ammo is cheaper & more available. Good luck !
Vaturkey

honker22

I shoot a Stevens 22-250 (made by savage), it was very inexpensive (around 250) and will drive tacks with Hornady ammo
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

mikejd

Both will be good. I would look to see witch ammo is more available at your local shops.

Deputy 14

22-250. With the right bullet and scope you'll have a 600 yard gun.

Cleburne

Another vote for the 22-250.

Dbrnmllr

If you want speed and range then the 22-250.  If you want cheap ammo that you can shoot all day long then it's the .223.

Ol'Mossy

This is what I use, a Remington 700 223

I recently changed the scope

maustypsu

If you plan to shoot 200-300 yards the are very similar guns. A lot more ammo options for the 223. The 223 is capable of killing yotes way further than 300 but there will be less compensation for drop with the 22-250.

Either will take yotes but those are the trade offs you will be looking at.

OLE RASPY

Thanks for the replies everybody.Keepem coming.

cannonball

Both are good choices. The .223 would be better if your going to save the pelts. The .22-250 will hit harder and give you more range.

West Augusta

The 22-250 is also a very good deer rifle. I would go with it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: maustypsu on December 25, 2011, 12:56:42 PM
If you plan to shoot 200-300 yards the are very similar guns. A lot more ammo options for the 223. The 223 is capable of killing yotes way further than 300 but there will be less compensation for drop with the 22-250.

Either will take yotes but those are the trade offs you will be looking at.

Ditto.

Or you could just get a 25-06.  It is said to be the perfect coyote gun.  And it's a great deer killer.