turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

mossy oak graphics

Started by cgarner1, December 22, 2011, 09:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgarner1

i saw these being advertised on tv the other day. has anyone seen or used these precut graphics for their gun? the website had great reviews

Gobble!

Never heard of them. Do you have a link to it?

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

allaboutshooting

Quote from: cgarner1 on December 22, 2011, 09:43:48 PM
i saw these being advertised on tv the other day. has anyone seen or used these precut graphics for their gun? the website had great reviews

It's been around for a while now and it's a good product to camo your gun. I'd recommend that you watch the video by John Hines on how to install. He gives some great tips about trimming and using a heat gun. Your wife's hair dryer will also work for that. It's especially important to let it set for a while in a warm place after the installation.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

cgarner1

Ill ask my girlfriend im 16  ;D

gob09

Quote from: cgarner1 on December 23, 2011, 11:08:07 AM
Ill ask my girlfriend im 16  ;D
they got bottom land yay....
good to see young men such as yourself interested in turkey hunting instead of girls and beer( full time)

chrmayo

I dont know if this is like the camo-clad stuff or not but I have heard some horror stories about people duckhunting with them a season and taking the stuff off and there being rust all under it. You can save 175 bux over dipping it looks like but is it worth that to ruin a gun? Just a thought.
-MAYO-

allaboutshooting

Quote from: chrmayo on December 23, 2011, 05:10:55 PM
I dont know if this is like the camo-clad stuff or not but I have heard some horror stories about people duckhunting with them a season and taking the stuff off and there being rust all under it. You can save 175 bux over dipping it looks like but is it worth that to ruin a gun? Just a thought.

I think that's the reason it's so important to follow those guidelines on the video carefully. If applied properly and sealed with the heat gun, it seems to work very well. If not and if there are places for moisture to enter, then it could certainly be a problem.

There is also a line of products, Face Away and Thin Skin that use a breathable surgical type of tape to camo guns, etc. and it works pretty well. I've always removed it at the end of the season or if it gets wet however.

Thanks,
Clark

cgarner1

Its hard to beat though for $25. if your worried you could just replace them every year

Jourdan_D

Decided to try this kit on a gun I'm building up.  Kit came in super fast.  It took about an hour to install and worked awesome.  Just ordered two more kits for my other guns.

hookedspur

Quote from: Jourdan_D on December 30, 2011, 03:44:45 PM
Decided to try this kit on a gun I'm building up.  Kit came in super fast.  It took about an hour to install and worked awesome.  Just ordered two more kits for my other guns.
Got any pictures ?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Jourdan_D

allaboutshooting

cgarner1

looks great. I'm gonna try to order one by the end of the week for my 835 just cant decide between obsession or bottomland

cgarner1

finally talked my parents into letting me order one. Got bottomland ;D