OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

broken eastern mount

Started by stone road turkey calls, December 13, 2011, 12:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stone road turkey calls

I have a eastern that was in full strut, cat got in it and destroyed it, are there any parts that are reuseable, the head, legs anything or is it trash

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

TRKYHTR

Depends on whats trashed. If it has a freeze dried head you can salvage that. They are very expensive. If the cat only damaged the breast you can have another breast plate put on. Show some pics so we can see how bad it is.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

VanHelden Game Calls

Depends how bad.  But when you say trashed I figure its bad.  Save the beard and spurs and shot/acquire another eastern.  Have it mounted with your parts and your good as new and probably $ ahead.

Dbrnmllr

Look on the bright side.  You will have a nice stuffed cat that you can make look like it is going after the turkey.  At least I would have a dead cat if it did that to anything in my house.  Sorry about the mount!

turkey slayer

Quote from: Dbrnmllr on December 19, 2011, 04:45:30 PM
Look on the bright side.  You will have a nice stuffed cat that you can make look like it is going after the turkey.  At least I would have a dead cat if it did that to anything in my house.  Sorry about the mount!
:agreed:

joshb311

Check out this thread.... this one looks horrible but is apparently still being used as a decoy.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,13373.0.html

tgs

Yup...there would be a mounted cat laying next to the "as is" mount.  or like mentioned above, use it for a decoy.   Sorry about the mount.
Pass the Tradition Along