OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shot Shell Yelpers Part II

Started by NCBigShot, December 10, 2011, 02:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCBigShot

..Well, I stepped up my game a little since I made my first (let's call it a prototype) shot shell tree yelper a few weeks ago.

Here's the latest batch.

I spent a little more time making these.. The cane inserts are a better fit, and I dipped the ends in black paint to make the hull/cane contact less noticeable. Also found some nifty black synthetic 'cork' material to use as a lip-stop instead of natural cork, to match the black dipped bell of the call.. Again, another cosmetic improvement.

They sound great!
Two of these three are already spoken for... I'm thinking of putting one on eBay to see how it does.

When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

drenalinld

Those are sharp! Would you consider making one from a hull used to take a gobbler next Spring?

NCBigShot

Quote from: drenalinld on December 10, 2011, 05:05:10 PM
Those are sharp! Would you consider making one from a hull used to take a gobbler next Spring?

...Would be my pleasure! :icon_thumright:

WillowRidgeCalls

Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

West Augusta

Yep. He's hooked. :TooFunny:
Welcome to the addiction Ken. Fun isn't it?
I like these and hope to send you an empty Hevi-13 Mag Blend hull this spring.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

pappy

Ken, forget ebay just tell me how much....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

NCBigShot

Quote from: pappy on December 11, 2011, 10:24:25 AM
Ken, forget ebay just tell me how much....pappy

...Look for a PM from me Pappy :icon_thumright:

pappy

Can't wait...yee-haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tel...573-380-8206

tom-foolery

Nice job, Ken. Congrats. Will be looking for mine. The next thing you know, you'll have a garage full of bones, shells, cane, bamboo, rifle casings and all kinds of wood! Keep up the good work....      Jim

NCBigShot

Quote from: tom-foolery on December 15, 2011, 06:29:01 PM
Nice job, Ken. Congrats. Will be looking for mine. The next thing you know, you'll have a garage full of bones, shells, cane, bamboo, rifle casings and all kinds of wood! Keep up the good work....      Jim

Thanks Jim!
Actually, my garage is already like that!... Just finally putting all this stuff to use. ::)

pappy

Got mine and I love it.....Ken really out did himself on these, the simplicity and sound of the calls together is what makes these killer..........thanks friend, pappy
tel...573-380-8206

TarheelTurk

Awesome job Ken and man what a great idea for a caller man!! Keep up the good work, Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

NCBigShot

...Here's round two.. they're ready to hunt! :fud: