OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What to do if the SHTF?

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, December 09, 2011, 03:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I read an interesting SHTF (Stuff Hits the Fan) Thread over on another forum about a month ago, and it was revealing to see just how many people think and talk about this stuff like it could happen tomorrow.  Several people laid out highly detailed plans and strategies.  Some offered up their idea of a Priority List.  Water, Food, Medicine, Protection, Shelter, etc.

Any interest in discussing the topic here?

bird

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on December 09, 2011, 03:06:26 AM

Any interest in discussing the topic here?

One of my favorite topics and least talked about one.

Actually you should look at it like this.  Its not what would you do "when" it hits the fan but what should you be doing "now" before it does hit the fan.

Its just a matter of time.  That day may be coming sooner than most people realize.

bird

gob09

a friend and i talk about this all the time we have a very good well thought out plan
bird i like your sig.

Kylongspur88

Intersting topic. I think it's always good to have a plan and expect the unexpected. It's not only good to be prepaired for say.. the collapse of society as we know it, but also natural disasters. Having a safe location, knowing how to purify water and get/grow food are basic things everyone should think about.

mossy835

Living in earth quake country we are stocking up on items that would make it easier to get along in a disaster. Water storage and purification dehydrated long shelf life emergency food. Different technology stoves or cooking methods and reserve fuel that is easy to transport. The issue is self protection as when the Watts riots in LA hit if you were in the affected area the zombies would steal pennies from a dead persons eyes so like it or not that is a major issue to handle in your own way. You could write a book on needs and proper things to do and still come up in trouble but it is wise to be as prepared as possible. My two cents worth!

surehuntsalot

always have made plans and prepared for "the worst"

had to use some of that knowledge and plannings during Hurricane Katrina down here in Ms. a few years ago

you never know
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

hootn

there are a bunch of sites dedicated to this topic. and some good forums.

scott

Eric Gregg

One of the biggest things that you need to consider is the type of ammo that is most common that would be a precious commodity if something bad went down.
22 long rifle bullets are a great investment, 12 gauge shells, and, even a knowledge of how to reload would be great. I know folks right now that have secret storage places specifically built under houses just in case.

I quote Dale Gribble "Never trust no one" :smiley-char092:

Crutch

Just this year my supply of 9mm went to over 500 rounds, 12 gauge rounds about 500, a bunch of 22 LR and a few long gun rounds and I am not even actively planning. I know guys that have over 1000 rounds of just 1 of their handguns.

I make notes of how my parents and aunt and uncles lived years ago. My uncle told me my grandmother made cough medicine from cherry bark, my mother taught me about morel mushrooms, polk salad, suckers (when they shoal in the spring time) and lots of other things that will keep you alive in hard times.

I don't stock pile survival supplies but I should, I hope a colapse never happens, but I believe it will, in our lifetime.

I don't believe we, the United States will be involved in "The Armageddon" because I believe we will already have collapsed as a united force.

One other observation, in a financial collapse, what will the inner city criminals do when their resources are depleted? They will move out to the rural areas looking for anything to take that can be traded.  We are already a 2 day away country. Look at what happens in the south when a big snow comes. The grocery stores get emptied. In a collapse, bread would hit 20 dollars a loaf, so criminals would just take what little supplies were left by force.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

gobbler74

Well,on my wish list of stuff is a vehicle like below at first..Id modify it some adding steel window covers to help keep out folks trying to steal ammo and food ..try to have some cash for when things can still be bought and then just an over stocked load of ammo and common guns like 45 acp, 9mm, 12 ga in which you can use to get what you need survive. A good revolver for reliability and long term use is a no brainer. Probably make camp at a local horse ranch..because once the fuel is gone horses will be good for transportation and food if need be. Not a bad idea to vacuum seal some seeds like squash, tomato, etc that can be used to plant crops for extra survival foods. I think we should make contacts on here on who to locate and where.  :anim_25:   

The guy running this company is going to do well the next few years. Thats a zombie wagon if I ever seen one. Needs a stout brush guard  :icon_thumright:

http://globalxvehicles.com/safari-extreme/
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

frank1969

guns and ammo will get you what you need and have a heavy hitting long range gun with you

Eric Gregg

Open up your eyes man...why do you think they want our guns so bad.
No way that the citizens can fight back or protect themselves if they have no guns. That is why they even want you to register those guns that you buy from an individual. When, not if, it goes down you better have a gun to survive period.
We are trillions of dollars in the hole, and we will never get out of it. Eventually it will come time to pay the piper and we will have to fend for ourselves.

Has anyone ever seen Jesse Ventura's consipiracy theory. Alot of what he pointed out was interesting. It is amazing what they have done with all of thos Katrina modules that are no longer in use.

rempumpman

Guns and plenty of ammo;

One major thing, trust the Lord.............. :jesus-cross:
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

hootn