Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

quail hunting we will go!(update with pictures)

Started by socalturkeyman, December 09, 2011, 12:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

Its time for another quail hunt and chukar hunt in socal. Leave in the morning at about 3am and wont be back till saturday night. Wish us luck boys. I'll be taking my camera this time and be taking pictures of the land and birds. Thats if I dont forget the dang thing lol.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

stone road turkey calls

good luck, wish i was going with you
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

mossy835

Good luck with the bottle rockets, they are a lot of fun to hunt and can humble the most proud hunters in the world.

handcannon

socalturkeyman

Well it was a great hunt and time spent with the family. It was tough hunting though with the birds flushing really far and running. I was able to drop 5 but only found 4 and my dad dropped 2 only found 1. Same thing with my girlfriends brother,dropped 2 and found 1. But it was his first ever valley quail.Well here are some pictures of some Socal Valley quail.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Eric Gregg

Good luck.
We used to have a great quail population where I live, but the predators have knocked out the birds.
I need to start dropping some coyotes :fud:

gob09

beutiful country and looks like a fun hunt glad everyone had a good time
 by the way what do you shoot at quail id like to go here i flushed a bunch on the wma while spring hunting

bird

Great Pictures!!!

Besides Turkey Hunting, Quail Hunting is my all time favorite bird to chase with my GSP's.

bird

socalturkeyman

gob09
I shoot a modified choke with 2 3/4 number 8's or 7 1/2  1 1/8oz in 12ga. I dont use anything bigger for the lil guys. Have fun chasing quail and are you in CA? 

gob09

no im in tennessee
thanks for the info did'nt know regular field loads would work or not

socalturkeyman

Ya I wouldnt try anything else,I shattered all the bones of one I shot this weekend with number 8s. But I guess im to fast with a snap shot since I get to hunt them alot out here in california.lol

turkey slayer

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls