OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fields or forests???????

Started by chatterbox, December 08, 2011, 05:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

killed more in the fields i like the timber too

bigwayne17

Quote from: West Augusta on December 08, 2011, 11:10:00 AM
Wouldn't know how to hunt open ground.  There aren't many fields in this part of the state.

Im opposite from Augusta. I dont know if I would know how to hunt in the woods....Its something that I would like to try though. It just seems like there are too many pines around my hunting spots, not many open hardwood stands left.

mossy835

Both for me but best results in the edges of fields where I hunt. I also notice in the evening the turkeys out here seem to follow the white tails in to the fields sort of a second layer of safety.

BigHooks

I'll go wherever he is, but love hunting fields the most I'm like Ricky love to watch them come in from 200-300 or more yards to my decoys it's great watching that happen..

Flydown

I love hunting the woods but I'm gonna go wherever my chances are the best on that day! "Adapt and Kill"!

Shotgun

The biggest majority of my hunting is done in the woods.  I simply just don't have access to fields unless I hunt out west. 

socalturkeyman

thick woods means up close and personal shots,really thats the only spots in Socal that I've gotten shots on public land. As for the private land its all fields with decoys. But I've had them straight look at the dekes and turn and run to the next county lol.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

TRKYHTR

I live out west so most of my turkey hunting is done in the open. I didn't say fields because even our woods are pretty open compared to the south. I think thats why I love huntin the south. Those hardwoods are hard to beat. Best hunts I've ever had were in the deep south hardwoods. That said I'll kill them wherever I can.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

handcannon

Where I come from the majority of my land is gonna be piney hills and a little bit of hardwood bottom land. We dont have open fields to hunt most of the time. I've always wanted to watch a bird come into a field and work across to my setup. It sure is a fine show to watch on TV so I imagine the real thing would be awesome to see.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I don't have fields in which to hunt turkeys or deer, so I hunt in the woods.

gob09

theres just nothing like hearing the sounds of a turkey in the woods and not knowing exactly where he's is located

Kylongspur88

I'm an equal opportunity turkey killer.

gob09

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on December 09, 2011, 09:35:36 AM
I'm an equal opportunity turkey killer.
i agree
man theres a lot of guys on here this morning dont anyone work lol my excuse is im off for the winter

T-town

For me, the woods. For deer as well as turkeys.