North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do You Think You Will?

Started by guesswho, December 07, 2011, 07:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think you will miss any turkeys or see any missed this spring?

No Doubt
5 (8.5%)
Probably
21 (35.6%)
Probably Not
27 (45.8%)
No Way
6 (10.2%)
Me And My Buddies Never Miss!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

guesswho

This is in relation to the "Did you miss any gobblers this year?" thread.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

guesswho

Me?  I'd bet my all my turkey gear I'll either miss one or see at least one missed this spring.  Sometimes those are the best hunts, most memorable anyway. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Duke0002

It's been a couple of years since my last miss.  I'm due!   :character0029:

turkey slayer

Tail Feathers

You need to get some friends who can shoot.   ;D
Quote from: guesswho on December 07, 2011, 07:38:14 PM
Me?  I'd bet my all my turkey gear I'll either miss one or see at least one missed this spring.  Sometimes those are the best hunts, most memorable anyway. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Flydown

Probably! It sucks, but it happens! Your right though it does make for some good stories and memories!

chatterbox

With me, it's almost certain. I only hope I get an oppurtunity to redeem myself! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

guesswho

Quote from: Tail Feathers on December 07, 2011, 08:38:52 PM
You need to get some friends who can shoot.   ;D
Quote from: guesswho on December 07, 2011, 07:38:14 PM
Me?  I'd bet my all my turkey gear I'll either miss one or see at least one missed this spring.  Sometimes those are the best hunts, most memorable anyway.  
This is by design.  Turkeys last longer around people who don't shoot very well :D
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

gob09

the first one i ever seen missed was on a hunt with a buddy that used to work with me. we hunted hard till 8-9 am and finelly got on some birds and he missed.  man he was mad he works 2nd shift and hunted all morning with no sleep he said he coulda been in bed

hope i dont miss any  :goofball:

Struttinhusker

Three years ago I missed three.  Haven't missed any since so I hope I got it out of my system.

guesswho

My Dad has one of the most classic misses I've ever seen.  And I have it on tape.  I was behind him about 50-75 yards calling.  He was standing up facing a big Oak tree.  There were about 20 turkeys in a group coming to the calling.  A couple of longbeards a few jakes and some hens.  I filmed them coming right to the tree my Dad was at.  He had the gun pointing straight up because he didn't know which side of the tree the birds were going to go.  The birds got to the tree and some went right and some went left. The first birds were no more than three feet from my dad when they spotted him and spooked.  My Dad jumped around the tree and tried to pull off a quick shot but missed.  On the tape you can see him miss and then birds flying everywhere and you can still hear turkeys putting and wing beats and my Dad turns his head and looks at me with his face mask still on and says says turn that @%$ @!*% son of a Btchn camera off.  He even threw in a few new words I didn't know existed.  Even something about some new kind of turkey I'd never heard of. :fud: :TooFunny:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Shotgun

Probably so...WHat can I say it happens. 

Jay

I don't plan on missing, but I'm hunting with my fiancee and I'm not sure how good she is with a shotgun, but I plan on getting her out practicing with a shotgun before the season.

gob09

Quote from: guesswho on December 07, 2011, 09:33:22 PM
My Dad has one of the most classic misses I've ever seen.  And I have it on tape.  I was behind him about 50-75 yards calling.  He was standing up facing a big Oak tree.  There were about 20 turkeys in a group coming to the calling.  A couple of longbeards a few jakes and some hens.  I filmed them coming right to the tree my Dad was at.  He had the gun pointing straight up because he didn't know which side of the tree the birds were going to go.  The birds got to the tree and some went right and some went left. The first birds were no more than three feet from my dad when they spotted him and spooked.  My Dad jumped around the tree and tried to pull off a quick shot but missed.  On the tape you can see him miss and then birds flying everywhere and you can still hear turkeys putting and wing beats and my Dad turns his head and looks at me with his face mask still on and says says turn that @%$ @!*% son of a Btchn camera off.  He even threw in a few new words I didn't know existed.  Even something about some new kind of turkey I'd never heard of. :fud: :TooFunny:
thats funny and priceless

Crutch

Guess Who, that is too funny, I could see that happening to anyone. What a great memory. I have used a tree to hide behind and it gets nerve racking keeping up with them and trying to stay hidden.  I backed up from the tree and shot gangster style.

Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble: