turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2011 Pa Buck

Started by Ol'Mossy, December 07, 2011, 05:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol'Mossy

Things went kind of slow for me the first 3 days of the Pa opener I didn't see a deer at all. So on the first Saturday I had the deer figured out and was sitting at the top edge of a thicket where they were going thru. I got there before daylight and settled in. Around 7:20am I was looking thru my scope and it was fogged up again. I really didn't have a chance to get a new one without leaving the woods or it was too late to get one after work Thursday and Friday. So around 8am a guy walks thru where i'm sitting and at this point i'm furious but what can I do it's public land. So I leave and drive off the mountain to see if my bro-in-law was at the "shop' he has a small sporting goods store. I called he didn't answer so I figure he was hunting. So I got back up on the mountain to see if my buddy was still where he was. I pulled in where he was and he got out of his truck and said, come on we're going to do some scouting. Now this guy knows this mountain better than I do, so off we go. We walk up to the foot and see where there were deer feeding along the flat. As we got to the foot he says to me, why don't I make a small drive for you. I said OK and he told me to go back down to his truck and get the other radio he had and let him know when I was ready. I get out to where he said, got ready and radioed him.  About a half hour later I hear something coming towards me and looked over to my left and saw a buck. We were hunting an overgrown clearcut and it was pretty thick in there, but anywho this buck come comes out to the edge of a clearing I was in and stopped when he saw me at 10 yards. I had the gun already on him and shot. If it wasn't for my bud I probably wouldn't have seen anything.

M,Yingling

Congrats good lookin deer  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

nctrkyhntr