turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Started by Holston, December 06, 2011, 07:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holston

Hello, new member here from VA.

Been getting more and more into turkey hunting lately and have been seeing your site pop up on Google when I search for a review on something, figured I might as well make an account.

I'm 26 years old and have been hunting, shooting, and fishing all my life.  While I've hunted and killed a couple over the years, I never really did get too excited about turkey hunting, but all that changed this past spring.

I've been working on my calling and putting in some extra hours at work and putting that money back to gear up for this upcoming spring season.   I've still got a LONG ways to go when it comes to hunting gobblers but I'll get there someday.

Hopefully I can benefit from some of you guys from your experience and maybe give a little back in other areas.  I've got years of experience behind the trigger (rifle) and at a reloading bench.   I've tried about everything and load for a lot of guys in my area for a lot of different calibers.

Deer hunting has always been my main thing, but I spend a lot of time on the river bank fishing for smallmouth bass and trout.

Other than that I just play guitar and spend time with my wife.

Sorry for the long intro....

I look forward to getting to know some of you all and learning more about these birds that I'm becoming obsessed with.

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Hognutz

:hello99: :wagon: :welcomeOG: Glad you found us. Enjoy your stay..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

:hello99: :welcomeOG: Good bunch of folks here and willing to help!

Sully53

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

turkey slayer

Eric Gregg

JVA54

:newmascot: :welcomeOG: :newmascot:

Woodsman4God

willy8457

GobblerChaser

From another new guy, welcome aboard. Looking forward to sharing turkey stories with you.

paradis1142

vaturkey

Vaturkey

tcook7