OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for affordable rio or merriams hunt for my wife and i

Started by fountain2, December 04, 2011, 12:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain2

im looking to go on a guided or unguided hunt for a rio or merriams.  i have searched all over but looking for some firsthand experience.  some outfitters i have called are willing to work with us on the limits,,,as in i take a bird and she takes the other, rather than booking for 2 full hunts.  that would be a plus!  looking for good atmospher and enjoyable experience and ultimately gettitng our birs, although nothing is a guarantee and we know that. 

i has thought about texas foor the rio with hopes that i could take my longbow after some hogs or javelinas if the hunt permitted and the cost isnt too high..but definately not throwing out any other states. 

what yall think?  any suggestions?

fountain2

Tail Feathers

For Rios, Windmill Outfitters in W. Oklahoma.  Three bird limit and he had a TON of jakes this year so he should chock full of hard gobbling 2 year olds in 2012.  Been there the past two springs and limited both times.
Can't help much on Merriams.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

handcannon

I'm in the same boat. Looking for something for my son and I.

mossy835

Well if you do not mind traveling this is a place I use each year. They are booked head so there is not always an opening.

http://buckcanyon.net/index.html

Best to email or call the lodge and get a package price. Lots of pictures of the area and game for your review. I do their web page now. Mike