OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunt of a Lifetime

Started by Flydown, December 01, 2011, 08:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flydown

For the past 5 years, Me,Dad and my Brother go to Del Rio Texas for a Whitetail hunt. This year was a little different and a little more special,A week before we headed out there we got a call from Paul (head man at the ranch) and he told Ronnie and I to bring our shotguns so we could do a little turkey hunting!To say the least,we were estatic!This year we brought along a special guest, Ronnies daughter Bayleigh and we were fired up!. We started the the trip off by interducing her to numbnuts(the camp deer),going to the shooting range and meeting all the guys. She was ready for some SW Texas deer action first........ and then get down to some serious business........Turkey Hunting! We had the trip of a lifetime! She killed two 11 point bucks two doe and a fine Rio Grande turkey(her first turkey)! Ronnie and I had a great trip as well but stands second fiddle to the joy that it brought to Bayleigh! Here are a few pictures from the trip!
Numbnuts

Gtting Ready!

Deer # 1

Deer # 2

Thanks for looking!

njdevilsb

That looks like it was an awesome trip.  Congrats guys.  It looks like Bayleigh showed you guys how it's done.

Flydown

Quote from: njdevilsb on December 01, 2011, 08:35:42 PM
That looks like it was an awesome trip.  Congrats guys.  It looks like Bayleigh showed you guys how it's done.

She Did! So proud of her! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Old Gobbler

Save those pictures , and develop the film and save them - As much as you cherish the hunt , years from now the memory and those saved pictures will bring tears to your eyes - golden times never to forget

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

guesswho

Thats about as good as get gets right there.   Glad ya'll had such a great trip.   And now there's another Holmes after turkeys.  Man, if there are any turkeys left in Bama their in deep trouble.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

BOFF

Great pics, great hunts, and special memories.

Not much you could add for it to be better.

Glad it all came together!!!

God Bless,
David B.

TRKYHTR

What a hunt of a lifetime. Congrats to all involved. You need to keep that girls smile in front of your camera. Looks like the turkeys had never been hunted with all the long sharp spurs. WTG guys. The Linden killin crew.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Strut Buster

Looks like it was a fun trip for everyone.     :icon_thumright:
Ethics & Respect First

stone road turkey calls

Wow! what a hunt, she smoked em
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

CASH

Great pics Chris.  I'm glad Bayleigh had a blast.  That's an awesome trip for sure!
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mossy835

Nice that she got her first turkey and had a good time. Like above develop the images and save them to DVD for the future you will be glad you did and so will she!

chatterbox

Awsome pics, Chris! You'all laid the hate on those Rios! :icon_thumright:
Congrats to Bayleigh on 2 fine bucks, and a beautiful turkey!
You and Ronnie did pretty good too! ;D

bird

Outstanding!!!  What great pictures and a great story.  That girl is now sick with the fever, Huntin' Fever that is!  Good For Her!  For a Huntin' Family there is nothing more precious or special than watchin' one of the Young Ones develop the love and appreciation for the outdoors.  Her Smile Says It All  :icon_thumright:

Basser69

Wow what a great trip! Congrats on some super hooks and the hunt of a lifetime!!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

stinkpickle

What?  Y'all bein' lazy with only a few turkeys and a handful of deer.  What kinda example are ya tryin' to set for the young lady.  I hope she turns out normal and well-adjusted despite this.   ;)