turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Find Of The Day!!

Started by Crappiepro, November 29, 2011, 12:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

I was at a Rural King Farm store yesterday. I parked the truck in the parking space got out and looked down and found an Old Timer knife and 25 cents. The knife looked to be in good shape so I guess I done fairly well LOL. I just thought I'd share, it was just one of those little personal victories so to speak LOL

redarrow

Some poor slob is sitting with his head in his hands crying.  :'(

lightsoutcalls

That Old Timer will take you a lot further than the 25 cents.  ;)  Nice find.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

gob09

ole timers are pretty good knives good enough to carry but not such a high dollar knlfe that it will make you crazy when it gets lost
good find brad

Duke0002

Check back with the store.  Maybe the guy's looking for it.

stone road turkey calls

Has anyone seen my old timer? :TooFunny:
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Tail Feathers

I once found an Old Timer knife on a bench near our swimming pier when I was 12.  I was so thrilled.  I then remembered seeing the neighbor's grandfather whittling on that bench earlier in the day so I asked if he had lost his knife.
I offered it to him and he looked it over and, seeing the anticipation on my face, he remarked how he has one similar but it wasn't his.
I knew that old man had left that very knife on that bench but assured me otherwise and gave me that knife.  That was in 1972.
I still have that knife and remember that man's kindness everytime I see it. :thanks:
Thankfully, I've had occasion to pay that forward on a kid or two in my day.   :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

gob09

Quote from: Tail Feathers on December 01, 2011, 08:09:17 AM
I once found an Old Timer knife on a bench near our swimming pier when I was 12.  I was so thrilled.  I then remembered seeing the neighbor's grandfather whittling on that bench earlier in the day so I asked if he had lost his knife.
I offered it to him and he looked it over and, seeing the anticipation on my face, he remarked how he has one similar but it wasn't his.
I knew that old man had left that very knife on that bench but assured me otherwise and gave me that knife.  That was in 1972.
I still have that knife and remember that man's kindness everytime I see it. :thanks:
Thankfully, I've had occasion to pay that forward on a kid or two in my day.   :icon_thumright:

cool story

turkey slayer

hookedspur

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on November 29, 2011, 12:46:44 PM
That Old Timer will take you a lot further than the 25 cents.  ;)  Nice find.
Aint that the truth .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

pappy

I remember my dad having an Old Timer, he used it constantly and after the years it was worn to almost the size of a small pencil, I wish I had that knife....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206