OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

occupy movement

Started by gob09, November 20, 2011, 08:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

just wondering anyone is  in the middle of this occupy mess. i heard  some coffee shops and other buisness's are haveing to let workers go .because of the all the crowds and good payng patrons lost. i luckily live in a small town where we dont have this problem. 'yet'
the thing that gets me is most of them are obama supporters but what they are protesting is a result of some  thier great leaders policies reckon this is all made up by the lib.s in the administration
i say why dont they occupy thier time with something productive instead of wanting everyone else to pay thier way

unclerick

Well said brother,, well said.... :icon_thumright:
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

Hognutz

If they would put that much effort into finding a job, there would be no occupying anything. They would all be to busy. Just like you and I..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Hognutz on November 20, 2011, 10:25:18 AM
If they would put that much effort into finding a job, there would be no occupying anything. They would all be to busy. Just like you and I..

:icon_thumright:

http://www.owsexposed.com/
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

mossy835

Beats me why they think civil disturbance will gain them anything but disgust. Time for the cold water and high pressure hoses this is not about their rights to protest it is about a bunch of spoiled adults (in age only) whining and sniveling instead of working. And yes the Obama friend Van Jones is right in the middle of it. Disgusting at best.

pappy

I kindheartedly agree with freedoms of this great and grand Nation, but enough of this whining because someone has more then you. Coveting and complaining sure isn't going to move anyone towards any improvement in their life, financially speaking, in all aspects throughout the entire world, somebody will always have more and somebody will always have less, the true answer is to earn your living as best as you can, prove yourself to yourself first, then let the world rotate on its axis and go on with your life.  
Protesting is fine, it is a freedom of expression, but to base it on HE HAS EVERYTHING AND I HAVE NOTHING AND I SHOULD GET WHAT HE HAS...is stupid. :thanks:

EXCUSE THE LANGUAGE ON THE SIGN BUT THIS IS HOW OUR TROOPS FEEL ABOUT THE OCCUPY MOVEMENT
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

gob09

{Time for the cold water and high pressure hoses}

thats the line of the day LOL but that will never happen in our touchy feely dont hurt my feelings world today

Struttinhusker

Yes, some have and always will have more than others, but if the disparity in wealth and income continues to grow at the accelerating rate it has for the last thirty years, you will see more of this kind of thing, whether you like it or not.

gob09

im a perfect example of how you can make it in this. country i worked full time at a walking horse barn riding colts in the 8th grade and finally had to quit school so i could feed and cloth myself  .we did'nt even have lights and running water any where on the place hauled water for horses and ourselves for four years as a result of a sorry parent imo
we were dirt floor poor ill just leave it at that.
and im only 35 years old this was not normal in the late 80s early 90s .i bet not many of those sorry white trash SOBs ever had to heat water on a wood stove to take a bath. or had to wait 2-3 weeks to go to town to wash cloth's

fast foward 17-18 years i had a hard time for a long time i got my stuff together pretty quick when my little girl came i now have a decent house two paid for trucks a few guns and get to hunt some. noone ever helped me or gave me nothing my wife i work really really hard for everything we have and i be dang if i want people to use the power of  the goverment to take what little i have worked my tail off to get
there is work out there if you look for it maybe not top magement but theres work after work i find extra work all the time. it all boils down to you have more than me and i want what you have without working for it

Strut Buster

It's a shame where this Country is going. Most of the 99%er's just want a chance at a decent job and a level playing field. Since most of the major industry is elsewhere it's going to be a hard road ahead. The do nothing Congress doesn't seem to care about anything about America except their own political agenda. I remember a time when the city of Johnstown which is near me was hard to get out of at quitting time because of all the traffic. You had the wire mill, wheel plant, car shops, multiple steel mills and now they're all basically shut down. When I worked at the car shops in the late 90's all the steel came from China. Seems hard to believe that steel can be shipped here from China cheaper than a steel mill 100 yards away from the plant. Ceo's used to make 40 times a workers wage. Now it's 400 times and more a workers wage. I'll go out on a limb and say I'm a 99%er. The trouble in todays world there is too too much corporate greed. It astonishes me that Ford goes to Argentina and builds a plant to make vehicles because it's cheaper, but it doesn't bring down the price of the vehicle at all. Honda and Toyota build plants here and their vehicles are a lot more expensive. They don't have trouble selling them and I doubt that they pay their CEO'S the way we do. Just my two cents.
Ethics & Respect First

gob09

oh yea i agree im right there with ya the tax code and regulations are another thing that is killing us kinda like death by a thousand cuts

mossy835

Quote from: Strut Buster on November 20, 2011, 04:14:37 PM
It's a shame where this Country is going. Most of the 99%er's just want a chance at a decent job and a level playing field. Since most of the major industry is elsewhere it's going to be a hard road ahead. The do nothing Congress doesn't seem to care about anything about America except their own political agenda. I remember a time when the city of Johnstown which is near me was hard to get out of at quitting time because of all the traffic. You had the wire mill, wheel plant, car shops, multiple steel mills and now they're all basically shut down. When I worked at the car shops in the late 90's all the steel came from China. Seems hard to believe that steel can be shipped here from China cheaper than a steel mill 100 yards away from the plant. Ceo's used to make 40 times a workers wage. Now it's 400 times and more a workers wage. I'll go out on a limb and say I'm a 99%er. The trouble in today's world there is too too much corporate greed. It astonishes me that Ford goes to Argentina and builds a plant to make vehicles because it's cheaper, but it doesn't bring down the price of the vehicle at all. Honda and Toyota build plants here and their vehicles are a lot more expensive. They don't have trouble selling them and I doubt that they pay their CEO'S the way we do. Just my two cents.
Your points are valid and I believe if Ford or any Company wants to go to foreign soil let them but do not let them import back here for resale under any conditions. If this was done there would be a lot of jobs here. It is not a few corporations of companies that make this possible it is our own fault for buying the cheapest things we can (no reference to those that have to) thus making it possible for our factories to leave this nation. I received an email that is too Long to share but the bottom line was, this year buy local products if you can, give gift certificates for local services (car wash, movie theater tickets, grocery store certificates and local restaurants for dinners and lunches. When you do this you "are supporting the work force here in this nation". My two cents worth.

Strut Buster

Quote from: mossy835 on November 20, 2011, 04:35:40 PM
Quote from: Strut Buster on November 20, 2011, 04:14:37 PM
It's a shame where this Country is going. Most of the 99%er's just want a chance at a decent job and a level playing field. Since most of the major industry is elsewhere it's going to be a hard road ahead. The do nothing Congress doesn't seem to care about anything about America except their own political agenda. I remember a time when the city of Johnstown which is near me was hard to get out of at quitting time because of all the traffic. You had the wire mill, wheel plant, car shops, multiple steel mills and now they're all basically shut down. When I worked at the car shops in the late 90's all the steel came from China. Seems hard to believe that steel can be shipped here from China cheaper than a steel mill 100 yards away from the plant. Ceo's used to make 40 times a workers wage. Now it's 400 times and more a workers wage. I'll go out on a limb and say I'm a 99%er. The trouble in today's world there is too too much corporate greed. It astonishes me that Ford goes to Argentina and builds a plant to make vehicles because it's cheaper, but it doesn't bring down the price of the vehicle at all. Honda and Toyota build plants here and their vehicles are a lot more expensive. They don't have trouble selling them and I doubt that they pay their CEO'S the way we do. Just my two cents.
Your points are valid and I believe if Ford or any Company wants to go to foreign soil let them but do not let them import back here for resale under any conditions. If this was done there would be a lot of jobs here. It is not a few corporations of companies that make this possible it is our own fault for buying the cheapest things we can (no reference to those that have to) thus making it possible for or factories to leave this nation. I received an email that is too Long to share but the bottom line was, this year buy local products if you can, give gift certificates for local services (car wash, movie theater tickets, grocery store certificates and local restaurants for dinners and lunches. When you do this you "are supporting the work force here in this nation". My two cents worth.
Agreed, they shouldn't let them back in for any reason. If they want to go to foreign soil, sell them there then.
Ethics & Respect First

gob09

i try not to give out gift cards to big box stores and rest. only local if i can
if i can find or afford american i buy it useually its the cant find it part

catdaddy

Quote from: Hognutz on November 20, 2011, 10:25:18 AM

AMEN brother!!