turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Would you shoot?

Started by SouthernThunder, November 16, 2011, 03:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I hunt to put meat in the freezer.  I also hunt primarily public land.  That said, I wouldn't have to think twice about pulling the trigger. 
   I ask for God's blessing when I hunt, that He would provide meat for the freezer and an opportunity to enjoy creation.  More times than not, I go home empty handed, and accept that with the enjoyment of the experiences in His creation.  I figure if He guides me to the right place and sends a deer my way... I'm not going to pass it up. 
  I took my first deer at 39 years old after recently completing chemo and radiation for cancer.  I have viewed every game animal I have taken since then a blessing.  I enjoyed watching a lone yearling walk by last year at about 7 yards from me.  If the momma or daddy had walked by, there would have been a trip to the processor.
   If you want to let it mature to see what it might become if nobody else shoots it...  that's your choice and I respect you for it.  Me?  Life's too short and money is too tight to let good meat walk on.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

BigGobbler

shoot shoot and shoot em all if its legal! Tired of everyone that hunts private land or leases pushing this QDM crap. If you want it keep it on your own private land and stop trying to push it on PUBLIC LAND where most of the hunters would be proud of anything that was legal for the meat not the antler size. You watch um grow and I will watch um drop and flop. I would stop deer hunting if it came down to how a deer would look on the wall. Nothing like killing a animal because it would look good on the wall. Thats a real sportsman right there.

flintlock

Depends on:

Public or private
What I'm hunting with
How long there is to hunt
The quality of the hunt itself

Good luck on what you decide.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Reloader

He would be a trophy in some areas I hunt, but he would also be older in those areas with that type of head gear.  In others areas I hunt with better genes, he'd get a pass.  That's a young buck and should be a dandy in a couple years.

chrismcdonald

Seeing as how I am new to hunting and have never killed a deer.  I would be tickled pink if that came into range.... I say YES!

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

Woodsman4God

Quote from: FANMAN on November 16, 2011, 05:09:24 PM
These "would you shoot" posts are all relative to where you are hunting.That deer would be a trophy in a lot of places.If you would be proud of him...SHOOT.

Great reply, where I hunt that deers life expectancy is very short. When people are shooting spikes and 4 pters that deer is special.

Uncle Nicky

itchy trigger finger here. BANG!!!! :z-guntootsmiley: