turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I need some help with a painting.

Started by handcannon, November 07, 2011, 07:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handcannon

A while back I went to a nursing home to do help out and do a little work. While I was there, I started looking at some of there paintings in the different halls. There was one large print that I fell in love with and I want a copy of it. The scene is two mountain men sitting on a log. There is a dead turkey laying there and one of the mountain men was showing a wingbone turkey call to the other. The print had a lot of great detail and would go great in my man cave. I dont remember the painters name. For some reason, the name "Adrian" is stuck in my head. I took several pictures of it with my old cell phone but it got damaged before I could research it. I tried to find out how they came about the painting and the only info I got was that they think the interior decorator had gotten it from a NWTF Heritage Banquet.

Does this ring a bell with anyone and can you give me any info on it? I appreciate it.

Travis

FullChoke

Although I am not familiar with the specific print that you describe, the artist of the very successful Mountain Man series is named Marian Anderson. Google her to see if you can find the print that you are looking for. Good luck

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

handcannon

FullChoke.........you are da man! That is it. It's called "Talkin Turkey" by Marian Anderson. Thanks bud.

Looking around her website, she has done quite a few for NWTF. Might have to check into a few of them I like.
http://www.mariananderson.com/gallery_nwtf.html