OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Books

Started by ElkTurkMan, February 16, 2011, 06:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElkTurkMan

A couple of years ago I started a tradition.  Every Winter usually in February I'll read a new book about Turkey hunting.  It definately gets the blood pumping, and passes the eveing hours when it gets dark early.  This years book is in the upper right hand corner of the picture,its about Hunting Pressured Turkeys.  My absolute favorate so far is the Old Pro Turkey Hunter by Mr. Gene Nunnery.  Anyway I was curious if any of you guys had any kind of ritual or tradition before each spring season.

[attachment deleted by admin]

gob09

i have gotten a few books form our local library in the past also read tenth legion this past winter to get pumped up for spring we ride the back roads and look for turkey's

mfd1027

I get my butt in good shape.  I've been riding my bike 15-20 miles a day and doing lot's of pushups.  I love this new icon    :bike2:   That's definitely me. lol   Seriously,  I'd hate to be out of shape when it gets here.   If i can't shoot em maybe I can run them down.   :turkey2:
Dan

unclerick

Honestly since I became a preacher I don't have the want to to read anything besides the Bible, so books are out, but like Wes said we ride the back roads looking for birds till season gets here.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

keyser12ga

I got a good deal on ebay the other day, picked up Practical Turkey Hunting Strategies by Ray Eye, After The Hunt by Lovett Williams, and Turkey Season by Outdoor Life.