OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Cardinals Still Believe

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, October 28, 2011, 03:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I'm starting to think they may just do it.  I thought it was over.  I was wrong.  Good luck Cardinals.  May you stay hot. 

vaturkey

WOW

What a game !! Hope they win it all !!   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

ctwny1

Very exciting game last night and Cards back in drivers seat.

perrysbirds

What a great game last night.....dowo to thier last strike and now they could win it all.......
If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

ILIKEHEVI-13

bird

drenalinld

I have been a huge Cardinal fan since I was old enough to follow baseball and cut my teeth on Jack Clark, Ozzie, and Vince Coleman.

Last night you could see the fear in the eyes of the pitcher and the calm resolve in the eyes of Berkman and Freese when they were down to the final strike. Cardinals have many WS titles and the Rangers have zero. Success breeds more success. It is so tough for the little guy to break through from a 2nd tier team to an elite organization.

Unfortunately, this could not be more clear than with my Razorbacks trying to catch up with the elite such as Alabama and LSU.

GO CARDS!!!

TRKYHTR

I don't have a dog in this hunt because I am a Giants fan but that was the ugliest game and the best game I have ever seen. How can that happen in the same game. I mean missing fly balls, missing first base, not throwing to second to get a force with the slowest runner in the world, over throwing first base and second base etc... Then down 2 runs in the 9th with 2 outs and 2 strikes to hit a 2 run double, are you kidding me. Then Hamilton hits a 2 run yack and the Cards are down 2 more runs in the 10th to do the same thing again and finally to have a walk off in the 11th. I'm telling you it was the worst game and the best game all wrapped into 1. I like Pujols and Hamilton so it don't matter to me who wins. May the best eam win.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: TRKYHTR on October 28, 2011, 10:15:04 AM
I don't have a dog in this hunt because I am a Giants fan but that was the ugliest game and the best game I have ever seen. How can that happen in the same game. I mean missing fly balls, missing first base, not throwing to second to get a force with the slowest runner in the world, over throwing first base and second base etc... Then down 2 runs in the 9th with 2 outs and 2 strikes to hit a 2 run double, are you kidding me. Then Hamilton hits a 2 run yack and the Cards are down 2 more runs in the 10th to do the same thing again and finally to have a walk off in the 11th. I'm telling you it was the worst game and the best game all wrapped into 1. I like Pujols and Hamilton so it don't matter to me who wins. May the best eam win.

TRKYHTR

That's why baseball is one of the hardest sports to win.  You really just don't know what will or can happen even when it seems like it's all over.  

You know I read this article on the internet years ago and they had some guy that was like a doctor of muscular/skeletal to brain activity that analyzed the motion of the human body I'm guessing here.  But anyway he said that the game of baseball is one of the hardest sports to actually do when it comes to hitting a baseball that is going 90mph plus.  Not only do you have to focus on the ball and determine if it is going to be a strike or not, but once you see the pitch coming you got only about I think he said like 14/100ths of a sec to tell your brain whether or not you are going to swing or not.  If you don't make this thought process to your brain in this short amount of time, it will be too late for you to even swing the bat.  Then you got to concentrate on hitting a little object that is about the same diameter as your bat.  This is why it is hard to excel at baseball and win for that matter.  Then you got to figure in the other variables of the pitch being a change-up or curve ball or what have you.  No other sport is probably as tough to do.  Then you still got to make contact with the ball.  Then you have to hit the ball in play and hope it doesn't go directly at some one.  That's why you hardly ever see anyone bat .400 or close to it.  A lot of variables come in to play.

savduck

Im a baseball fan. I root for the Braves, Cards, Giants, and Oakland As. I always pull for the National League against the AL. Ive watched baseball all my life, and that was the BEST GAME I have ever witnessed.

Go Cards.
Georgia Boy

jde

That 2nd tier team had the Cards Nation running scared and very quite on here and finally after a come back win we start to hear some red bird chirping..... :TooFunny:  GO RANGERS

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: jde on October 28, 2011, 06:52:37 PM
That 2nd tier team had the Cards Nation running scared and very quite on here and finally after a come back win we start to hear some red bird chirping..... :TooFunny:  GO RANGERS

Chirp chirp!  The Rangers almost won.  But almost is like a mile away. 

bird

I would like to say that this 2011 World Series will go down as one of the best World Series in history. 

Kudos to the Rangers and the Cardinals for not only the outstanding play but also for their ability where so many young people emulate their heroes to be able to play ball with dignity, respect and a whole lot of class.