OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Savage 12FV ?

Started by wisconsinteacher, October 27, 2011, 08:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

Well I have a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket.  I have been looking at a Savage 12FV in 204 for bench shooting and a close to the road yote gun.  Has anyone shot one and how did you like it?

redarrow

I have not shot that particular gun but I have owned a cabinet full of Savage 110s,14,and a few others.Rifles and shotguns. No complaints at all. Excellent bang for your buck.

kamski1151

I have a Savage Model 11 in 22-250......Great for Yotes,a real tack driver. You won't be dissapointed with the Savage.

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

mossy835

My dad had an old 300 Savage scabbard rifle I sold to a friend in Salinas for his son to hunt with years ago and my bet would be it is still in use.

mcgruff1533

I have a Savage 12FV chambered in .22-250 Rem.      I had an older model Savage 11GL that I was looking to upgrade with a synthetic stock, and a heavier barrel.

After buying the new barrel and stock and then paying to have it headspaced, it was actually cheaper to sell my old rifle and just buy a NIB 12FV.

It's a very accurate gun and has allowed me to take multiple Crows and Coyotes out past 300 yards.   It's a little heavy, but the weight helps keep the rifle steady and the heavy barrel doesn't heat up much.

BTW, the Accu-trigger is an improvement over the Timney trigger I had installed on my old Savage 11GL.

surehuntsalot

you can't go wrong with a savage
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gobbler74

Anyone jumped on one of those Savage Axis rifles yet?
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"