OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It just doesn't get much better.

Started by allaboutshooting, October 22, 2011, 02:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

I went hunting this morning in an adjoining county with a long-time friend and his 12 year old grandson. The major goal was to get his grandson a turkey.

It was a classic fall hunt. A cold morning, heard the woods wake up, followed by hearing a few clucks and a gobble. Tried a few kee-kees and nothing.

After 2 hours, we got up, I looked around the bend and saw 11 birds, including a gobbler.

A little sneak down a ravine to come up on the other side of them, a rush and a good bust!

We sat down and waited about 5 minutes before I began to kee-kee and immediately had birds answer. Within another 15 minutes we had 5 birds out in front of us.

The grandson took his, I took one and my friend missed. It really did not matter to him, he was so happy for his grandson and I wish you could have seen the look on the young man's face. Priceless.

It just does not get much better than that.

Now Doris and I will hunt our place together and hopefully we'll both get a bird as well.

Good hunting to all.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

stinkpickle

TRKYHTR

Clark that sounds like an awesome hunt. Congrats to everybody.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

allaboutshooting

Thank you all. It was worth it just to see the looks on the young man's face and also on his grandads face. It was a good day.

Thanks again,
Clark

TnTurk

That sounds like a great hunt.  Good memories.

The Cohutta Strutter

Anybody seen America lately?

GOLD HUNTER

Roostem33

Sounds like a great time!! Congratulations
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

chatterbox

Congrats Clark!
Those are memories that will last a lifetime for everyone involved!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

flintlock

That is good stuff right there!!!  WTG!   :z-guntootsmiley:
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

allaboutshooting

Thanks you all. It was truly a great day. I can still remember when I shot my first turkey and the thrill that I had and frankly still have every time. I can hardly wait for the time when I can take one of my grandsons and offer him that same opportunity. It was my pleasure to have been a part of this experience with my good friend and his grandson.

Thanks again,
Clark

Hognutz

Nice job, Clark.. That is priceless.. :happy0064:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mossy835

Way to go Clark that is what it is all about, can not get any better!