OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hunting turkey in canada  (Read 6236 times)

Offline justin

Hunting turkey in canada
« on: October 19, 2011, 05:21:31 PM »
Specifically Manitoba, Canada... I'm new to turkey hunting, and I don't know to many people who have hunted turkey in Manitoba. I was just wondering if anybody had any experience hunting turkey up here, and if they can offer any advice on where to go. I live just north of Winnipeg and would like to keep my travel time down to at most 2 hours.... Winnipeg is about 2 hours north of the North Dakota boarder.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post... Cheers

Offline handcannon

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Hunting turkey in canada
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:00:52 PM »
If you will scroll to the very top of the page, you will see "members map". Go to it and look to see if there are any members that are pinned in your area. Last time I looked, there were not many posted in Canada. I've sent a couple of calls up there to people but they were not members of the forum.

You may be able to find some info on the NWTF website. There is a NWTF Canada division and you may be able to get some assistance there by looking up other members in your area. Also, try out some of your local sporting goods stores and see if you can dig any information out of the staff or shoppers. The internet can be a useful tool but just getting out and finding someone who loves turkey hunting will be a big bonus.

Offline hammerbaits

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 04:52:44 PM »
Hi I hunt turkeys in Ontario and have for 20 years. My two boys 20 and 17 are just as passionate as me! we do very well only wish our season was longer and more tags lots and lots of birds here.

Offline Charley B

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 04:57:39 PM »
I live in Québec, but I did hunt in South Dakota for Mewrriam's.  What sub-species are you planning to hunt?  I also have a hunting partner who lives in Alberta, he might be able to help you...  Let me know ;)