News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ohio - Stillhunt bowkill

Started by flintlock, October 07, 2011, 05:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintlock

A flicker of movement caught my eye, there was no mistaking the
"flick" of a deer's tail in the fallen treetop across the small valley.   I strained to make out the details, then a glint of antler
shone.  I smiled slow and wide.

I sized up the situation and it looked to me that the buck would most likely move down toward the pond, on the way to an oak a few hundred yards through the woods that was dropping acorns.  As I was easing into position I saw a sapling getting thrashed about 30 yards, he was on the move at the same time I was!  I kneeled down and laid my quiver on the ground ready to rock...but he headed back down the ditch.  I could make out a deer's body at about 30 yards and when it cleared the underbrush a 1.5yr old 6 pt stood there as pretty as you please.  I sure thought that antler glint was bigger than what I was now looking at. 

Not 10 seconds later a second form made its way up out of the ditch and before I even had time to think I was at full draw.  When he cleared the brush I could tell he was a mature buck, so I picked a spot and released.  At the shot he lunged forward and down and the arrow hit him back a ways, not good.  The trailing job was prob 1/2 mile and I lost his trail multiple times, but with God's help and persistence was able to bring him home before it was all over.

Good luck if you are out and about.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

guesswho

Ooooh, nice one.  Good job and congrats.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

LX_Trkyhntr

What a fantastic buck!!!  Congrats Wess!!  You are as good of a woodsman as I know!!  GREAT job buddy!!! :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

MarkJM

definitely a dandy. awesome shooting from the ground.  :icon_thumright:
MuellerCustomCalls

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

vaturkey

What a great buck !! Congrats Wess !! :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Devastator

Hognutz

Congrats, Wess. That is a dandy buck. I love the kickers off of the base. That is a trophy to be proud of. Well done, my friend..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

TRKYHTR

That is bad to the bone right there. Devil eyeguards and all.
You da man,     :theman:

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

beagler

Never Misses

BOFF

WOOHOO!!

Great buck for a GREAT guy!!

Congrats!!!

God Bless,
David B.

TnTurk

That's  a real nice buck you got there.  Love the eyeguards off the bases. :icon_thumright:

ILIKEHEVI-13

I'm guessing a mount is only fitting. 

Wow!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey