OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recurve Bow Kill

Started by TnTurk, October 04, 2011, 11:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TnTurk

Well after many years of shooting compound bows, I was determined to kill a deer this fall with my recurve bow. A lot of hours were spent over the last few months trying to hone my instinctive shooting skills and the hard work paid off when this little fella offered me a 15 yard broadside shot. The 150 grain Magnus Snuffer blew right through him and I watched him drop. Sorry for the poor pic quality. Phones don't take good pics right at dark.

renegade19

drenalinld

Great work! I want kill a deer with traditional tackle as well. Congrats!! :you_rock:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Preacher

next thing you will be doing is hand-grabbing snakes at lake washington with me!!

nice buck with a recurve.
Romans 8:37

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice buck, with the old school bow. Way to go..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

LX_Trkyhntr

That is the ultimate way to take a deer!!  I hope to do that in the future too!!  I have a recurve but haven't spend enough time shooting it to take it to the woods.  I need to make the committment to it and do it next year.

Congrats!!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

FANMAN

Congratulations,Ya better start shopping for a longbow now.

redarrow

turkey slayer

Reloader

Congrats.  Always wanted to get one with my recurve, just don't feel confident enough in my shooting with it.  I seem to get fairly descent at shooting it, then shank one once in a while.  

dirt road ninja

:icon_thumright:

A trophy with a recurve.

Woodsman4God

Congrats thats one of thsoe on my bucket list right there

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

a-j calls