OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Reproduction Gibson

Started by WillowRidgeCalls, September 25, 2011, 12:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillowRidgeCalls

I was asked to do a reproduction of an original Gibson call that Gibson built for his grandfather. This is how she turned out. It's a canary over snakebelly cherry. I did my best to copy it from the photos he sent me and I think it came out pretty close. It took 13 straight hours of my old style burning ( hot nails) to get her done. It has a great sound to it, that starts out high and rolls over into a deep throaty rasp, with a nice kee kee also. I hope he get some good use of it this spring. It's headed to MS.
Thanks for looking. Scott
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

WillowRidgeCalls

Scott

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

scoot12

Very nice Scott,  your gibson boxes are great.  Scoot

pappy

Let me tell you something Scotty my boy...that is one super duper job! I thought about using hot nails for woodburning, but every time I stuck a match to one of my fingernails it hurt too much to hold my finger still enough to do any good....lol
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

WillowRidgeCalls

Quote from: pappy on September 25, 2011, 11:12:12 AM
Let me tell you something Scotty my boy...that is one super duper job! I thought about using hot nails for woodburning, but every time I stuck a match to one of my fingernails it hurt too much to hold my finger still enough to do any good....lol

:TooFunny:  :TooFunny:
Scott

Old Gobbler

I like it !!! Your reproduction/tribute call came out excellent !!!  13 hours is allot of work - I hope they appreciate the effort you put into that !!!
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey