OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Powder Horn Calls

Started by woodwzrd, September 21, 2011, 01:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodwzrd

I am pretty active with a local Scout troop and our Scout master is a trainer for adult leader Powder Horn training. He had asked me a couple of months ago if I would be willing to make a call to give away at the end of this years training course. I altered the bottom of my call design so I would have room to burn the the Powder Horn insignia on the call. Both are tiger maple. One is aluminum over glass the other is slate over glass. Both will have matching tiger maple strikers as well. Hope the new owners like them.

870BkWht

Those look very nice.  Im sure the new owners will love them. 

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

pappy

Very, very impressive work. I love it when call makers take part in activities that enhance their commutative spirit. Your work and your effort should be commended. Pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Cleburne

Snoody Bastid

As someone who hunts with a sidelock .54cal trade rifle, I'm really diggin' those. (I was also a Cub Scout/Webelo back in the day)

woodwzrd

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Being an Eagle Scout I really enjoy giving back some of what I got out of Scouting.

These were a bit of a challenge as I had to change the design of the bottom of my call and omit the through sound hole in the middle for the insignia. To top it off I haven't done any wood burning in about 5-6 years so I had to knock the rust off of that ability as well. Nonetheless they were fun.