OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Safety harness

Started by Woodsman4God, September 19, 2011, 01:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodsman4God

Hi guys

I have been using a safety harnes for several years now. I use a Hunters safety system treestalker I believe is the model and one thing I dont like about it is the buckles that attache the leg straps often end up bumping my bow/gun and make a fair amount of noise. I know there are several other types of harnesses that have rubber coated buckles to help minimize the noise on the buckles. My question is what types of harnesses do you guys use besides HSS and what do you like or dislike about them. I am contemplating buying a new harness and I thinkI am leaning towards a muddy outdoors harness but wanted to know what you guys like so I can check em out.

thanks Leo

hookedspur

I have a Fall Guy and a HSS Pro system and I use the HSS with the Fall Guy Tree hook up .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

briancady

I don't use a harness, because I keep my butt firmly planted on the ground where it belongs.  LOL

dirt road ninja

I have the same harness as you. I have mole skin on the buckles and it helps with the noise.

VAHUNTER

i just purchaced a Gorilla. seems very well made and very easy to get in.
Good things come to those who wait

clarksvalley

i`ve been using the muddy harrness for the past two years and really like it.its really lite and easy to put on.i used a seat of the pants
before that and like the muddy alot better.i don`t think you could go wrong with one.

Reloader

I use a Summit SOP harness.  I like it, seems to be easy to put on and quiet. 

I have a life line on a couple stands and use a short life line when using a climber.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: dirt road ninja on September 19, 2011, 07:42:44 PM
I have the same harness as you. I have mole skin on the buckles and it helps with the noise.

X-2

More than likely I have the same harness (vest harness) and recogonized the same problem. I used a felt tape (mole skin) on the buckels  like you would use on a bow riser to dampen the sound when an arrow might fall off it's rest. It works alot better
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."