OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Slick Tricks

Started by VAHUNTER, September 12, 2011, 07:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

i made the switch to 100gr. Slick Trick Magnums this year. i cant get over the flight with these heads. they fly exactly like my FP's out to 60yds.
set my wife up with the standards in 85gr. getting FP flight with those as well
Good things come to those who wait

drenalinld

Keep us posted on field performance. Would love to see entry and exit wounds.

dirt road ninja

Very good head. Have not heard of many people having flight issues. Tough, consistant and sharp. If your bow is somewhat tuned they will fly.

rtsj

Guys, I know it's gonna be hard to believe but i swear.  I killed 7 deer with the same slick trick magnum. Resharpened the blades( which is super easy) and killed with it again and again and again.   Of all the deer i've shot with ST's only one malfunction and that was 1 broken blade and that happened after i blew through the top of the shoulder blade and it lodged in the spine.  They are awesome broadheads. Shoot them in my x-bow as well. At 348 fps still fly like darts.    Only con to them are the whistle in flight but the deer dont seem to mind. And yes they do blow slug like holes.   

Thanks Roy

Devastator

i have not heard of many people that have not liked them.

OLE RASPY

According to there website and the pics i would say they are pretty good.Ought to do the trick. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

lightsoutcalls

You asked for it....

This little 6 point didn't require much tracking... as you can see.  He stopped quartering away at 12 yards and caught a Slick Trick Grizztrick 100 grain in the pump house.

They are devastating!  This guy sprayed a blood trail about 4 feet wide.  The head looks like it skimmed his side for several inches before entering.  Looks more like he was hit with an axe.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

fallhnt

Good shot.Congrats.Nice pic too.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Kylongspur88

A lot of the serious bow hunters around here really like them. Next time I'm in the bow shop I'm going to grab a pack. I've always shot muzzy 3 blades with no complaints when shooting fixed blades, but I do want to give these a try.

savedbygrace

I've been shooting them for 4-5 years. I shoot the 125gr Magnums. I love them.

beagler

I've been using them with great results for a few years. Great flying head.

Never Misses

VAHUNTER

I'm very happy with the results of Slick Tricks. not only do they fly like field points out to 50+yards they do the damage!!!
i shot a ole doe Friday at 20yds. the Trick broke two ribs,went completely through the shoulder on the opposite side and stuck in the ground two inches. all of this from a 65# DW and a 393gr. arrow
this deer acted like it had been hit by a high powered rifle. simply devastating

LX_Trkyhntr

I bought a pack of the Razor Tricks this year to try out, I have shot 100gr magnums in the past with GREAT results.  I am very pleased with how they performed Sunday afternoon!  I didn't take any of the damage pics Sunday, but they tore her shoulders and lungs up!  Complete pass through and only ran about 70 yards.

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

VAHUNTER

so far this year i have taken 3 doe and a bear with the same head and blades. all i have done was take the head apart and clean and resharpen the blades. the blades go back to there original razor edge with very little effort. i can not say enough good about Slick Tricks

gobbler777

Drenalin - just saw your post ...
    I have been a Slick Trick user for years and I use them for both deer and turkeys. They do make a mess of the Gobbs but put them down quickly. I always shoot for the vitals not the head. I've never lost a bow shot bird using Slicks. Good luck to all this season.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland