turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Squirrel Hunting (updated)

Started by OLE RASPY, September 10, 2011, 07:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Going squirrel hunting in the morning(weather permitting,if its raining im going by myself) and going to take my daughter.She is 6 years old and she said she wanted to go.Took her last year and the year before a couple times but she didn't last long so i took her back home when she asked me.So i asked her this morning if she wanted to go in the morning and she said yes.I am really excited i know its just squirrel hunting but alto of memories can be made squirrel hunting as it was when i was a child. We went to a place this evening and ask a guy if we could hunt and he said no problem killem all. I turkey hunt on his place but never squirrel hunted this part and its loaded or it has been in the past.Its a woods with little to no underbrush, he bushhoggs the woods 2 or 3 times a year and keeps it pretty clean.There is all kinds of hickory nut and acorn trees in this woods so it ought to be good.I hope to post some pics of us with some squirrels tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Ol'Mossy

turkey slayer

good luck! Its still a little warm for squirrels. :anim_25:

OLE RASPY

Its been in the 50's here in the morning so it might be good.

turkey slayer

hopefully she will slaughter em :anim_25:

stone road turkey calls

good luck, i remember the times when i took my daughter hunting when she was young, she is 30 now and we talk about those trips all the time. glad to hear you are taking your daughter.  :icon_thumright:

gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Spring Creek Calls

I think it's great that your daughter is interested in squirrel hunting. I can remember everything about my first squirrel, and that was 47 years ago. Good luck Raspy!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

OLE RASPY

We went this morning at daylight and she lasted for bout an hour and then she wanted to go home.I packed her snacks and a drink to keep her longer but that didnt work either  :lol:But i did manage to kill 1 while she was with me.I took her back home which wasnt bout 6 miles and went back and soon as i got back it started pouring rain so i got in a barn and watched the trees and killed another one out of the barn.I got him up and went to another place bout 10 miles away and killed one there so i ended up getting 3 in bout 2 hours so i came home and cleaned them.
Got home i asked her why she didnt want to stay longer and she said well daddy i just like watching u clean them maybe i will go hunting when im bigger.She said i like watching u kill them to but the rest is just boring.(Shes talking bout the walking and looking up in trees she dont like that). I told her you got to look up in the trees to see them.Maybe she will like it better when she gets older im not gonna make her if she dont want to.Here some pics.

drenalinld

Great pics!  She is a cutie! I showed these to my 3 yr-old daughter and she is worried your daughter getting stickers in her feet........lol

Keep taking her.

Hognutz

Great stuff, Raspy. She is cuter than a bugs ear. Keep up the good work..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: drenalinld on September 11, 2011, 03:10:59 PM
Great pics!  She is a cutie! I showed these to my 3 yr-old daughter and she is worried your daughter getting stickers in her feet........lol

Keep taking her.
:lol: She dont know how to keep shoes on she just soon go barefooted.

Ol'Mossy

Nice pics and story

I noticed how you were cleaning your squirrels, you might want to try this sometime

I guarentee you'll have less hair on them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dekMT72WcE&feature=related

woodchip

OLE RASPY

Quote from: PaTurkHntr on September 11, 2011, 07:34:09 PM
Nice pics and story

I noticed how you were cleaning your squirrels, you might want to try this sometime

I guarentee you'll have less hair on them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dekMT72WcE&feature=related
Yeah ive done it like that before to.I use both ways.A friend of mine showed that to me bout 10 years ago and your right it dont get as much hair on it.