turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Please bear with me, if you've already read this but

Started by allaboutshooting, September 08, 2011, 11:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

since not everyone who visits the "General" forum visits the "Turkey Gun" forum, I just wanted to let everyone know about a shooting event that's coming up soon.

We're having a family friendly still target shooting competition on September 24th, in Ina, Illinois, at the Rend Lake Shooting Complex. It's just off I-57 in Southern Illinois and easy to find.

We'll have a class for young people 17 and under, Ladies and for both male and female adults. We furnish the ammo. Everyone shoots at turkey targets with a 3" circle and we count the pellets in that circle.

It's a great way to see how your turkey gun shoots or introduce a new shooter to the sport and you can win prizes.

That same day, the largest Hunting and Fishing Days in the U.S. begins just down the road at Carterville, IL at the John A Logan Community College. There are shows, shooting events and many vendors there.

It's a great way to spend a day outdoors.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

redarrow

Thanks for the info Clark. I will be bear hunting in N. Mi. then. Sounds like a lot of fun. Are you folks anywhere near Centralia ? My BIL is a police officer there.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: redarrow on September 08, 2011, 11:11:58 PM
Thanks for the info Clark. I will be bear hunting in N. Mi. then. Sounds like a lot of fun. Are you folks anywhere near Centralia ? My BIL is a police officer there.

Good luck on your bear hunt. It should be a lot of fun and hopefully, we'll have a good number of shooters. It will be a family friendly event with several very nice prizes.

We're about 45 minutes or so south of Centralia. The Rend Lake Shooting Complex would probably be less than 30 minutes from there.

Your BIL may know the Nall family. Fr. Jim Nall is a good friend of mine and is originally from Centralia. That's also where the E-Z Pull Trigger Assist was developed.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

We're putting a very nice group of prizes together for the shoot. The response has been good so far and hopefully we'll have a nice group but one thing is certain, we'll have fun doing it.

Please give some consideration to attending. I know you'd enjoy it.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

The prize list for the Illinois State Championship Still Target Shoot is growing pretty quickly. There are some really nice prizes to be won.

For those of you who've never been to one of these events, we'll shoot 5 squads of each class and the winners of those squads will then become the "Final 5" who will shoot for the championship of each class.

A shooter must win 2 times in the finals to win the class and then the remaining shooters shoot 1 time for 2nd place. Both the winner and the 2nd place qualify for the World Championship shoot.

This event is open to all. We have a 20 gauge class strictly for ladies, a 20 gauge class strictly for JAKES (17 and under), a 20 gauge open class and a 12 gauge open class, in which both men, women and youth can participate.

It will cost $25.00 to participate in all 5 squads of any class and we don't charge for the championship squads. You can also choose to shoot in fewer than 5 squads, for $5.00 for each squad you shoot. Prize values for each squad will exceed the entry fee.

This event is centrally located just off I-57 in Southern Illinois. It's your chance to participate in and see one of these events.

I hope you'll consider attending.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

For everyone planning to attend the shoot, here's the weather forecast for Saturday.

Saturday: "Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s."

It will likely be quite cool when we get started at 9:00 a.m.
A jacket would be recommended.

Thanks,
Clark