OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Illinois State Championship Still Target Shoot

Started by allaboutshooting, September 07, 2011, 11:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

allaboutshooting

The prize list for the Illinois State Championship Still Target Shoot is growing pretty quickly. There are some really nice prizes to be won.

For those of you who've never been to one of these events, we'll shoot 5 squads of each class and the winners of those squads will then become the "Final 5" who will shoot for the championship of each class.

A shooter must win 2 times in the finals to win the class and then the remaining shooters shoot 1 time for 2nd place. Both the winner and the 2nd place qualify for the World Championship shoot.

This event is open to all. We have a 20 gauge class strictly for ladies, a 20 gauge class strictly for JAKES (17 and under), a 20 gauge open class and a 12 gauge open class, in which both men, women and youth can participate.

It will cost $25.00 to participate in all 5 squads of any class and we don't charge for the championship squads. You can also choose to shoot in fewer than 5 squads, for $5.00 for each squad you shoot. Prize values for each squad will exceed the entry fee.

This event is centrally located just off I-57 in Southern Illinois. It's your chance to participate in and see one of these events.

I hope you'll consider attending.

Thanks,
Clark

pitjeep

allaboutshooting

Quote from: pitjeep on September 13, 2011, 04:10:11 PM
what shell will they be useing ?

Is there a particular shell you'd like?

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Quote from: pitjeep on September 14, 2011, 05:14:04 AM
just wanted to know.

Thank you. I appreciate your interest. I hope you'll be able to come to the shoot.

We will offer 3" Hevi-13 shells in 12 gauge with 2 oz. of #6 shot and 3" Hevi-13 shells in 20 gauge with 1.25 oz. of #6 shot.

Hevi-13 has been the "shell of choice" at the World Championship for the past 6 years or so and the one most requested by shooters at these events.

Whenever I have an inquiry, I like to ask if the shooter has a preference for a particular shell. So far, if there has been a preference, it has been for the Hevi-13 shells.

Thanks,
Clark

Ctomp1974

Clark,
Is there a physical address to the shoot. Need to mapquest it.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Ctomp1974 on September 14, 2011, 12:12:43 PM
Clark,
Is there a physical address to the shoot. Need to mapquest it.

Here you go. I hope you can come.

17738 Conservation Lane Whittington, Il 62897

This may also help: "Take I-57 to  Exit 77 ,then  east to RT 37. Head  North 3-3.5 miles, then west 1 mile to the complex."

Thanks,
Clark

pitjeep

is there a barrel od restriction? as in 7/8,1 inch ect?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: pitjeep on September 15, 2011, 04:08:02 PM
is there a barrel od restriction? as in 7/8,1 inch ect?

No. At these state and regional events we shoot only "Open" classes in both 12 gauge and 20 gauge. The only restriction is on the length. The barrel and choke combined may not exceed 32" and it must chamber a 3" shell. Other than that, there are no barrel restrictions.

At the World Championship Shoot, we also shoot a factory or hunter class. In that class the gun must have an unaltered factory barrel.

Hope you can come.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Last night we were able to visit with Larry, the manager of the Rend Lake Shooting Complex at a Wheelin' Sportsmen and Appreciate banquet at the Convention Center there.

There had been a PVA/Wheelin' Sportsmen trap shoot at the facility all day Saturday and there were about 250+ folks at the banquet, including a lot of very happy, if tired, shooters.

Frankly, I had never been around so many folks in wheelchairs at one time. Most were armed services veterans and proudly wore their "colors". It's good to belong to an organization that recognizes those who have served our country and one that also remembers them by providing opportunities for continuing shooting and hunting experiences.

Larry reported that he has prepared our spot for the still target shoot next Saturday and is looking forward to the event.

For those of you who are able to attend and for everyone else, I'd like for you to know that the Rend Lake Shooting Complex has donated the space for the still target shoot. It's a most generous gift and much appreciated by all of us who've had a part in organizing it. Thank you Larry!

We hope to see you there,
Clark

pitjeep

cant make this year(work) maybe next year. post up as soon as you have a date.

Ctomp1974

Just got  my permission slip signed by the wife :happy0064:, so it looks like I can make the trip. Clark what time is the sign in and starting time?  I don't expect to do that great, but I'm sure it will be a hoot!

Clint

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Ctomp1974 on September 18, 2011, 09:11:56 PM
Just got  my permission slip signed by the wife :happy0064:, so it looks like I can make the trip. Clark what time is the sign in and starting time?  I don't expect to do that great, but I'm sure it will be a hoot!

Clint

Hey Clint,

That's fantastic!

Sign in and and start time will be 9:00 a.m. We look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

For everyone planning to attend the shoot, here's the weather forecast for Saturday.

Saturday: "Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s."

It will likely be quite cool when we get started at 9:00 a.m.
A jacket would be recommended.

Thanks,
Clark