OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cool air this morning made my neck swell a little

Started by drenalinld, September 05, 2011, 02:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

It was in the low 60's in central AR this morning. I love those first few mornings when you can step outside and feel Fall in the air!! I can't wait to see my breath. If I had horns, I would hook a few bushes. This is my second favorite time of year.

Cove

Absolutely! We're getting good rain for the first time in about a month here in N Georgia. I'm actually under a tornado warning at the moment. High is 76 today, much better than 99 which has been the norm. I just hope the trial cams in Illinois are getting some of those bucks feeling frisky! :z-guntootsmiley:

drenalinld

Quote from: Covehnter on September 05, 2011, 03:06:08 PM
I just hope the trial cams in Illinois are getting some of those bucks feeling frisky! :z-guntootsmiley:

When is your first hunting trip to Ilinois?

hookedspur

Quote from: drenalinld on September 05, 2011, 02:00:50 PM
It was in the low 60's in central AR this morning. I love those first few mornings when you can step outside and feel Fall in the air!! I can't wait to see my breath. If I had horns, I would hook a few bushes. This is my second favorite time of year.
:agreed: :icon_thumright: :fud:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Tail Feathers

It is supposed to be in the 50's here in the morning.  I'll get up early just to enjoy my coffee on the back porch in that!
It's 90 today, was 104 a week ago.  I like this MUCH better. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Cove

Quote from: drenalinld on September 05, 2011, 03:27:00 PM
Quote from: Covehnter on September 05, 2011, 03:06:08 PM
I just hope the trial cams in Illinois are getting some of those bucks feeling frisky! :z-guntootsmiley:

When is your first hunting trip to Ilinois?

We'll be going up opening weekend, mostly as a camera check and to hang a few more sets hopefully. All public this year, just hoping the cameras are still there.

Preacher

Romans 8:37

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

gatrapper

Was 58 a little while ago.  61 degrees now with 15mph winds.  Feels great :character0029:
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Cleburne

Love this type of cooler weather, 58 degrees here right now.

Reloader

LOL,  I said the exact same thing when I walked out this morn and it was in the 50s.

Reloader

I thought about rubbing my head on a few of the wife's crape mertles, but thought the neighbors might get alittle frisky.

njdevilsb

It felt awesome this morning.  I almost went back inside, grabbed my bow and headed for the farm.  The DEC might frown upon that though.   ;D  It was 54 when I left for work at 6 this morning and all I could think about was sitting in the deer stand.

Peck1524

I just hope you guys don't start peeing on yourself and making scrapes in the front yard!!

Our bow season opens up on the 15th. Was just out yesterday finishing up the ground blind and checking the trail cam. Have a couple nice bucks. Probably won't be able to go out until the end of the month though.

jde

Amen cool front here in NE Tex only low 90's...lol