turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

harrison hoot n stick

Started by harvester, February 15, 2011, 05:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

Is there any difference in the sound made by the wooden one and the plastic one? I need a new one just wondering.
Thanks.

sugarray

I asked the same question before getting mine and got an email back saying no.  Someone from the staff will answer too.  It is awesome.

harvester

Quote from: sugarray on February 15, 2011, 07:07:50 PM
I asked the same question before getting mine and got an email back saying no.  Someone from the staff will answer too.  It is awesome.

If you don't mind me asking, which one did you get?

sugarray

I got the synthetic.  I really like the sound and I can get some decent (IMHO AWESOME!!) hoots out that sound like the Youtube barred owl videos.

Executioner

The main difference is the look. If you want a great looking/sounding call, get the wooden one. If you don't care about the looks get the synthetic one. They sound the same. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

870BkWht

I was also told the sound would be just about the same between the 2.  I just bought a synthetic one tonight after hearing the opinions of a fellow board member.  Im looking forward to getting the call. 

LX_Trkyhntr

Like Ex said,they sound the same.  The wooden one looks nice, but the synthetic one is not something you are going to have to worry about getting scratched or something.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

shootumindaface

Quote from: Executioner on February 15, 2011, 08:42:48 PM
The main difference is the look. If you want a great looking/sounding call, get the wooden one. If you don't care about the looks get the synthetic one. They sound the same. God bless.
Exactly.. Not a discernible difference..

Skeeterbait

The same sound from each.  The plastic is more likely to tink and ring if something else in your vest taps it or if you bump it on your gun though. I often find myself jogging to get set up on a bird.  I don't want anything in my vest making noise when I do.

harvester

Thanks everybody, that was the answer I was looking for.

Executioner

Quote from: Skeeterbait on February 16, 2011, 08:54:22 AM
The same sound from each.  The plastic is more likely to tink and ring if something else in your vest taps it or if you bump it on your gun though. I often find myself jogging to get set up on a bird.  I don't want anything in my vest making noise when I do.
That's why I use the Ol' Tom shirt. It has a lanyard to keep it in place in your pocket. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

kyhareraiser

hookedspur

Quote from: sugarray on February 15, 2011, 07:22:07 PM
I got the synthetic.  I really like the sound and I can get some decent (IMHO AWESOME!!) hoots out that sound like the Youtube barred owl videos.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bnew17

is there any type of warranty on the synthetic call? I got mine last year and had it in a pocket of my vest, Dropped my vest on the floor and the call cracked and wont work now.

deerbasshunter3

Is this a call that will sound like an owl, even if you really don't know what you are doing?