OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Think SAFETY!

Started by gobbler74, August 30, 2011, 11:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

With hunting season coming fast most of us will be headed out from now thru spring for the most part. I just want to ask everyone to please hunt safe, please identify your target and help any young ones do the same. Our classes have kicked off in my area and for the next couple months I will be out helping folks get a better sense of safety while in the outdoors. I love teaching the kids especially. They really take it to heart if you spend time with them.

Regrettably, incidents do happen
These for example are a couple incidents from last seasons report

"The shooter fired at what he thought was a buck, fatally striking the victim in the chest. The victim was not wearing blaze orange" 

"The shooter thought he heard turkeys behind him and he turned and fired, striking the victim in the face, chest abdomen and left forearm"

Safety applies to more activities than just with a firearm such as using a treestand properly or crossing rough terrain etc.

Hope everyone has a safe hunting season. Help those they may not be quite as safe young and old.
Also consider teaching hunter safety in your area. - Jim   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

redarrow

Thank you. I always start any hunt with a prayer I refer to as the 3 esses.

Dear Lord let this journey be a Spiritual journey,aSafejourney,and then and only then a Successful journey. Amen.

drenalinld

Please don't use a treestand without fall protection.