OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dilemma, read before voting

Started by Woodsman4God, August 30, 2011, 10:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do I buy

Handgun
Bow
Shotgun

Woodsman4God

Hi Guys,

I would like a little input on a decision I have to make. I recently sold some jewelry that I havent worn in years and now have about $500 to spend and I have 3 options. All of them are wants more than needs and all would be a check off the list of things I want to update.

1) I have been really wanting to get another handgun, I have a ruger gp 100 357 revolver and want to get a semi. I am looking at a glock sf in 40 or 45, or a springfield xd .40 subcompact either of these would be my carry gun once I get my cpl.

2)Bow, I am a fingers shooter and a few years back I bought a new bow. This one was 2 inches shorter axle to axle tha my previous bow, test firing and all it felt good so I bought. However after extended shootin I begin to get a little too much finger pinch and if not carefull on of my fingers becomes numb so I cant practice as much as I am used to. I have a chance to get a Like new bow that cost upwards to $1000 for probably less than the $500 I have in turn I could probably get about $200-$250 for my bow. Mine is a reflex Highlander the new bow is a hoyt with 38 in ata which is 2 inches longer than mine which is how long I was shooting before.

Lastly
3)  a 20ga pump shotgun combo field/slug barrel. I have wanted one of these a long time and my  current shotgun is a single shot 12 ga. This new one gives me a deer gun for so Michigan hunting and a new turkey gun. Also the pump action makes it a great home defense item for the sound alone.

drenalinld

Here's my input. The handgun will only go up in value. Quality used handguns are a great long term investment. A shotgun will hold it's value pretty well also. The bow's value will drop like a rock.

However, I spend way more on my bows than any gun, so it just comes down to which you will get the most satisfaction from. The shotgun might allow you to do some things you currently can't.

redarrow

Well I heard a rumor that Kamski hocked your pistola,and there ain't nothing wrong with your bow. So I would go with a new shotgun. As long as you remember to load it. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

kamski1151

Thats COLD Billie Ray Thats COLD!!!!!but funny :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

OLE RASPY

Old Gobbler

My vote is for the hand gun - get them before the liberals ban them and you don't have enough for personal use , or one to pass down to the family members one day
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

sugarray

I vote for the shotgun.  I think you will get more use out of it. 

I also agree with the handgun argument, but still believe you will get more from the shotgun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk