OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hurricane Irene

Started by TrackeySauresRex, August 25, 2011, 04:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

This thing looks scary! She's heading right for Southern N.J with a direct hit. Winds are expected to be in excess of 120mph winds.  :o  
My wife and myself are just getting our disaster plan together. We loaded up on the water and a few bags of ice and blocks for the coolers. We never had a big one hit before, and were long over due. Were keeping our figures crossed hopefully She'll makes a turn off shore. Our Governor requested today,that we should be ready to evacuate. So we're gettin ready just in case. Hopefully, with alot of prayin' :jesus-cross:  and a little luck we'll be Ok..

EveryOne
B-Well
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

savduck

just another tip from a southerner....make sure you take your chain saw and a small thing of gas.
Georgia Boy

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: savduck on August 25, 2011, 04:53:29 PM
just another tip from a southerner....make sure you take your chain saw and a small thing of gas.

Wow! great tip thanks a bunch..

savduck

And some BIG tarps...just in case
Georgia Boy

gotcha

I have dealt with hurricanes my entire life{I'm 47}but have never really been through a bad one{CAT 3+}.Evacuations are very stressfull along with the fact the authorities may not let you return when you want.Every situation has its own set of circumstances when evacuating such as pets,children,older folks that may need meds or oxygen etc.You really need to weigh out the pro/cons to see whats best for you and your family.What type of construction is your home{especially roof},do you have city water or a well that requires electric,do you have a genny?Do you have a safe place to go that you can reach in plenty of time?Does your job require you to be on call?Keep in mind hotels fill very quickly,water and gasoline become even more of a commodity.Hopefully the Bermuda high with fizzle and allow Irene to jog more east,hit cooler water and lose energy.Be safe everyone!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

dirt road ninja

Ol'Mossy

My mother and step father were down at Nags Head NC for a week but had to come home to Pa, I guess they were evacuating people from there. They just got home today.

Good luck TSR

Bonjour

Just another reason that I'm glad I live in Iowa? Good luck and be safe. Don't forget to take pics.

anthonyjhallen

Yea we are getting a game plan together also.  Its about time to head west......

Quote from: savduck on August 25, 2011, 04:53:29 PM

x2  Thanks

lmbhngr

TrackeySauresRex

Thanks a bunch everyone.

Quote from: gotcha on August 25, 2011, 06:42:59 PM
I have dealt with hurricanes my entire life{I'm 47}but have never really been through a bad one{CAT 3+}.Evacuations are very stressfull along with the fact the authorities may not let you return when you want.Every situation has its own set of circumstances when evacuating such as pets,children,older folks that may need meds or oxygen etc.You really need to weigh out the pro/cons to see whats best for you and your family.What type of construction is your home{especially roof},do you have city water or a well that requires electric,do you have a genny?Do you have a safe place to go that you can reach in plenty of time?Does your job require you to be on call?Keep in mind hotels fill very quickly,water and gasoline become even more of a commodity.Hopefully the Bermuda high with fizzle and allow Irene to jog more east,hit cooler water and lose energy.Be safe everyone!
:firefighter:
Thank You for the concerns and considerations, It's much appreciated.
We have always been lucky here in NJ. We'll get a bad nor east er Ware the power may go out for a couple of hours at most. It's time to have a better plan. I'll be investing in a new Genny that's for sure. They were flying off the shelves at the Depot today. There saying Cat 2 now, winds in excess of 85mph. We're watching it closely. Before we pull out.
B-Well
EverOne
:mycross:

RutnNStrutn

We dodged a bullet this time down in FLA. Good luck to all of y'all in the path of Irene. Please evacuate if directed to. Hurricane parties are no party when you figure out that you should have left long ago.

anthonyjhallen

Yea......We are in Elkton at the head of the Chesapeake bay and are trying to decide if we should pop smoke or not.

Either way say a prayer if you pray.   :jesus-cross:

CASH

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on August 26, 2011, 12:57:42 PM
Yea......We are in Elkton at the head of the Chesapeake bay and are trying to decide if we should pop smoke or not.

Either way say a prayer if you pray.   :jesus-cross:

Dude, pop smoke.  Better safe than sorry.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.