OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

3in or 3.5

Started by knightrider, February 15, 2011, 12:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which do you shoot and if you would leave me a reply why?

3 in
35 (38%)
3.5 in
57 (62%)

Total Members Voted: 88

northms

I shoot 3", I don't like dealing w/ the recoil from a 3 1/2" and a 3" kills 'em just as dead. ;D

EMSDJ2

Chose 3" cause even thinking of shooting 3 1/2" makes me pull my mouse to the right!! :fud:

grousec

My gun will shoot 3.5 but I shoot 3.  My hunting buddy shoots 3.5 but I get as many turkey as he does, so until I see a advantage in the field I will stick with my 3". 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I shoot both.  Depends on what gun I have.  The 835 shoots the 3.5" Hevi-13 7's better than the 3" load.  No comparison.  But it does have more shot in that load. 

Boomstick

3 for me, thats what my gun will hold

charlie
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

JustinM

Kick don't bother me, so i like the 3.5 inch here for the extra pellets. But its whatever patterns better in your gun. Me and my nephew i hunt with, both had mossy 835's. His gun did not pattern well with 3.5 inch shells it liked the 3 in better, where as mine was total opposite. My gun patterned better with the 3.5in and not so much the 3 inch

Happy Hunting this spring...
                                                                                  Justin
Justin =D
Mossberg 935, IC. 675. choke with EoTech 512 Holo sight.

INDY

I shoot 3", the 3.5 never patterned good for me. I,ve always thought it blows the pattern apart. Maybe with the right choke who knows.

mossybird

3.5 Most deffinatley. Really depends on what your gun likes.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

mudhen

I've shot it all pretty much.  Even shot the 3oz Nitro 10 gauge from my now sold BPS.  I've bought 50+ chokes, and spent maybe $3000+- on ammo in the past 10-12 years.

Sure, I'll keep some 3.5" in the vest, but I've found a few pet 3" loads that really have caught my attention lately, 3" MB being one of them.  3" H-13 #7's is another pet load that just seems to work well in my guns.  My new 870 SM likes 3" H-13 5's for some bizarre reason, and that load sounds like a Nebraska prairie hunter's dream!

Of course, there will always be 3.5" H-13 5's & 6's on hand, but I really want to work with these 3" loads for awhile, so much more enjoyable to shoot...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

SR1

I shoot a 3 1/2 in for turkey cause they dont make a 4in yet. :goofball:
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

woodchip

Quote from: SR1 on February 22, 2011, 11:49:17 PM
I shoot a 3 1/2 in for turkey cause they dont make a 4in yet. :goofball:

Exactly why I shoot a 3.5" :you_rock:

Gobbling Buck

I shoot 3.5" because my gun will.  I bought the gun because I wanted the 3.5" capability and after settling on the load, I found them at half price at the end of the season a few years back.....so I stocked up. ;D  I will probably stick with them though, after shooting with a buddy and seeing how the 3.5" performed against his 3".  I'm not a guy that gets wrapped up in more expensive = better or bigger is better either.  But we both shot the same patterning board and the board fell after he shot.  When I shot the 3.5" it blew it down.  Same brand shells.

WildSpur

3" for me.  Less recoil, less expensive!

Cluck more, yelp less

joshua

I voted 3.5".  I'm gonna throw as many projectiles at him as possible.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

RustySap

3.5 in my mossberg 835 for me...