turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lookin good in my hunting area

Started by OLE RASPY, August 22, 2011, 06:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

I was at my mothers this morning and while we were standing on the carport talking i looked out in the field and saw some turkeys.The field is about 800 yards away so i couldnt tell what it was.While looking at those turkeys i started scanning the field next to her house and saw some more turkeys mingling around that appered to be hens,they were bout 300 yards away.Never see turkeys in this field.This field is spotty with tall weeds so i couldnt see much.When i left i went down the road a bit and stopped and could see all kinds of turkey.I bet there were bout 100 turkeys going up the hill to my hunting area.I could see all kinds of poults and all kinds of hens so its looking up on my hunting ground.Hadnt seen any poults all year long till today and i was happy to say the least. :icon_thumright:

The Cohutta Strutter

Anybody seen America lately?

mossy835

Wow now the pressure is on. Hope it is a sign of things to come for you this coming season!!!

vaturkey

Sounds Promising !! Good luck OLE RASPY  !!    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

drenalinld

That's cool!! Glad the hatch was good. If you need some help, just let me know.

savduck

Thats awesome.....no excuses for goose eggs next year.
Georgia Boy

OLE RASPY

Quote from: savduck on August 22, 2011, 08:57:53 PM
Thats awesome.....no excuses for goose eggs next year.
Your right.I hope to keep the chain up hadnt had a goose egg in several years.I hope several ofem were wannabe gobblers.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: drenalinld on August 22, 2011, 08:37:20 PM
Come turkey season ill tell everyone there is no turkeys. :icon_thumright: :toothy12:

vaturkey

Last year while deer hunting in Kentucky 62 turkeys flew off the roost into the field in front of me. 28 of them were longbeards !  :newmascot:
Vaturkey

savduck

One of my best friends lives in Ashland. I used to go out there every other year to turkey hunt with him up until about 6 years ago.

My first morning in Eastern Kentucky turkey hunting  was one of the most memorable Ive ever had. We climbed to the top of the mountain, and sat. 13 birds gobbled all around us, and hens were going nuts. There were turkeys talking until 1:00 PM when we left. It was unreal. Those birds are BIG too. He has a 28lber.
Georgia Boy

redarrow

Quote from: OLE RASPY on August 22, 2011, 09:01:50 PM
Quote from: drenalinld on August 22, 2011, 08:37:20 PM
Come turkey season ill tell everyone there is no turkeys. :icon_thumright: :toothy12:

Turkeys ?   What turkeys, ain't seen a bird in years !  :you_rock:

Ol'Mossy

RutnNStrutn

That sounds promising Rasp!! Good luck!!