OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Very Sad Day Today Here In Our Household....

Started by ctwny1, August 19, 2011, 12:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctwny1

Our youngest son Tony has a Black Lab by the name of Wyatt. Really good dog and could hunt like no tomorrow. Where ever Tony is, so is Wyatt and visa versa. Wyatt hasn't been right for a bit and Tony has been to three different Vets trying to find out what is wrong. Two of the Vets thought it was a pinched nerve
in his shoulder because he would hold his one paw up some times and other timers just couldn't get up. Meds were not working and I said to Tony "This can't go on. You've got to get him in to Cornell University Vet Clinic to find out what the hell is going on with him". That was this Wednesday afternoon and by Wednesday night Tony was in a motel down in Cornell with an appointment the next morning to get Wyatt in to be examined.

Thursday they started working on him with an MRI and drawing blood along with drawing spinal fluid. The prognosis early this morning was not good.
Wyatt has cancer of the spine and has taken a turn for the worse last night. My son Tony is CRUSHED....talking to him on the phone this morning he's crying like a baby. He will have Cornell Vets put Wyatt down to stop the suffering. Our other son Chuck is on his way to meet up with Tony and try to comfort him but Chuck and my wife Carolyn were crying big time this morning too. Carolyn and I are watching our grandson Chucky who we call little Capacola. Were all just CRUSHED over Wyatt. He will be buried here on the farm.

Being in the dog business for over 30 years as a Professiona Retriever Trainer, I know the loss of a close pet is the same feelings as loosing a family member. I can tell you I've delt with this numberous times throught my career in dogs and I just can't take it any more. I hated this part of my job with a passion.

Peck1524

Sorry to hear that. Terrible news. I can't imagine what it will be like when the time comes for my 2 to go.

guesswho

I hate to hear about that.  I lost my Lexie back in April to cancer.  Not an easy thing to go through.  I know its hard to do but just try to think of all the good times Wyatt was a part of.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

redarrow

gatrkyhntr70

Very sad news; pets are members of the family.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Basser69

WyoHunter

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's tragedy. It will take some time for him to recover from it. Losing a treasured friend takes it out of you. He has my deepest sympathy. Prayers to him and family. 
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

chatterbox

That is such sad news. Prayers sent from the Clark family.
May he Rest In Peace. :cross2:

Stoner

Sorry to hear about your son's Lab, it is like losing a child. The get so engrained in family life they become a family member.

TClark

Ya-all have our deepest sympathy. Prayers to him and family. 
I almost cried just reading this post, so sad and so hard to deal with.
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

Jay

Sorry to hear of this buddy. It's definitely losing a family member. Dread having to make that decision on my Shorthair, probably not in the too distant future.

ctwny1

I want to "Thank" everybody for their kind words and prayers. Tony is on his way home with Wyatt and should be here at the farm about 11pm. Not looking forward to this.....going to be a ruff sleepless night and a tuff Saturday.

Trophy_Taker

Prayers sent from Pa.  At least Wyatt isn't suffering anymore.

Matt...

clarksvalley

so sorry for your loss,i know what your going thourgh.we had the same situation this past april and may.
after dealing with our local vet. and finding nothing,we made the trip to maryland to a neurologist and had
an mri and found brain cancer with our nine year old setter.sad to say he did`nt last long after that.i was crushed
also,told myself its going to be a long time until i get another dog.after time went by i found myself looking for
breeders on the net,and as i`m trying to write this and keep and eye on a nine week old setter running around
the house that is wide awake.so yes there are some bad times we go thourgh with our pets,the good times far
out number the bad.

doepee

prayers are sent, they are a member of your family. I have had to do that to many times and I cryed on every one...  :jesus-cross: