OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

College Football Playoff

Started by gobbler74, August 18, 2011, 12:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see a playoff system in effect?

Yes, bring it!
No, Just fine now!

gobbler74

Just curious as its always a hot topic during college footbal season.
http://cfn.scout.com/2/1095821.html
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

drenalinld

The best team does not always win the title now and if there was a playoff system, the best team would not always win that either. I like the bowl system.

surehuntsalot

playoff system 

bowl system is a joke
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Deputy 14

I kinda like the idea of designating the final 10 games of the playoffs as bowl games that way we can have the best of both worlds.

gobbler74

Id like to see the non conference games dropped and put those games toward a 4 week playoff after regular conference play.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Peck1524

Quote from: gobbler74 on August 22, 2011, 09:11:05 AM
Id like to see the non conference games dropped and put those games toward a 4 week playoff after regular conference play.

I like things the way they are. But this is what would have to happen to have a playoff, or the season would have to be shortend. But if you drop non-conference games your missing out on a lot of good football during the regular season as well.

mnturkey

Hunting season starts in Sep here and I am busy hunting until the end of Jan, Much better to hunt then watch bowl/playoff games.
SEMPER FI

savduck

Yep. I attended a IAA school and loved the playoffs during football season. A team can truly claim to be the best if they win it all.
Georgia Boy

RutnNStrutn

I would love to see a playoff system. But there is way too much money in the bowls and the leagues. No way that will ever happen.

Cleburne

gobbler74

Quote from: Peck1524 on August 22, 2011, 10:01:01 AM
Quote from: gobbler74 on August 22, 2011, 09:11:05 AM

I like things the way they are. But this is what would have to happen to have a playoff, or the season would have to be shortend. But if you drop non-conference games your missing out on a lot of good football during the regular season as well.
I think the trade off of non conference games for "by then" more seasoned teams in the playoffs would be better football. there are some good non conference rivalries though but just like the bowl system not everyone will be happy. A lot of smaller conferences like the big east are hurting because the money teams with tv coverage have left like miami, bc and va tech.