turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is it worth???

Started by doepee, August 17, 2011, 11:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doepee

I have a friend that wants to sell me a browning gold hunter with mossy oak shadow grass camo....3.5 in chamber with a 26 inch barrel.  3 invector chokes and this gun has never been fired... he collects guns.. The box comes with it.... he told me to make him an offer.... so what is this gun worth????   Thanks      It is a 12 gauge!!!

redarrow

I would check out Gun Broker and see what they're asking.

doepee

I checked gun broker but there are no new in the box browning gold hunters that are camoed... The highest I seen was 700 dollars and the  pic was no where near what this gun looks like...

drenalinld

bird

If you bought it for $700 then you stole it and your friend would be a fool to let it go for less than $950.

stinkpickle

Quote from: bird on August 17, 2011, 08:05:41 PM
If you bought it for $700 then you stole it and your friend would be a fool to let it go for less than $950.

Agreed!

doepee

After checking around I would say this gun is worth at least almost a grand... might off him just a little less  ;D  I do think it is worth it...  I have a question do these guns pattern well as turkey guns???

bird

Having owned one and now my son has the gun I would say that they make excellant waterfowl and upland guns but just an average turkey gun.

Gold Spur

I have a NWTF Gold with a 24" barrel and it patterns great. I use a Indian Creek .665 choke and H-13 3.5" 7's. It's my main turkey gun. I have duck hunted with it with great results but after putting a FFII on it I only use it for turkey. I've shot everything from low brass dove loads to 3.5" turkey loads with no jams. I think you would be very pleased with a Browning Gold.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: doepee on August 18, 2011, 10:07:06 AM
After checking around I would say this gun is worth at least almost a grand... might off him just a little less  ;D  I do think it is worth it...  I have a question do these guns pattern well as turkey guns???
With an invector plus chokes (.742 )backbored it should pattern very good!!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-