OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Im a lucky man

Started by savduck, August 15, 2011, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

I just filled two mason jars with wild scupinon grapes..............OH MAN.

Got enough grapes on the vine to keep them full for the next couple weeks.
Georgia Boy

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

OLE RASPY

Hognutz

I'll take your word for it. What in the heck are scrupinon grapes?? I know what a mason jar is.. :TooFunny:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

savduck

They are wild  grapes. Very sweet, can make some good mooshine or wine out of them or excellent jam. normally they dont get ripe until September, these are a little early. If you bow hunt deer in the South you find the grapes first and then the white oaks second. Deer cant stay away from them

Ive been watching coons in the woods behind the trailer at work. normally dont see coons so I figured they must be into something. There were hundreds of grapes, tons of them on the ground. I loaded what I could carry
Georgia Boy

lightsoutcalls

You must have had more rain than we have.  I had a muscadine vine growing like wildfire this spring with evidence it was going to put on lots of fruit.  Half of the leaves have fallen off and I have yet to see a single muscadine on it.  They are usually ripe by early to mid August... not a thing.

Congrats on the grapes.  I love harvesting wild fruit and making jelly out of it.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

barry

Are they like Fox Grapes?

Basser69

The biggest problem I have with them is they never make it to the bucket or home. I always manage to eat them all first.

Barry, what are fox grapes?

turkey slayer

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on August 16, 2011, 10:47:34 AM
You must have had more rain than we have.  I had a muscadine vine growing like wildfire this spring with evidence it was going to put on lots of fruit.  Half of the leaves have fallen off and I have yet to see a single muscadine on it.  They are usually ripe by early to mid August... not a thing.

Congrats on the grapes.  I love harvesting wild fruit and making jelly out of it.
Same here ours look like they are almost dead, maybe a handful of leaves left. Its so dry its sad. :character0029:

savduck

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on August 16, 2011, 10:47:34 AM

I saw a bunch of vines this past turkey season that were loaded. It has been rough with no rain, but I think we got it when it mattered. And actually these are wild Muscadine, the black ones. I love em.
Georgia Boy

goblr77

All the vines here in SW Georgia are full of 'em now. Man, I love to eat those things.