OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Be Careful On The Tractor

Started by Turkey Trot, August 15, 2011, 11:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Trot

A lot of people are out on the tractor this time of year working on the lease.  A guy I knew was in east central Georgia on the lease Saturday, and backed up to a creek to mow.  The bank gave way and the tractor flipped over backwards into the creek and killed him.  He leaves behind a couple of kids, and ex-wife, and a fiancee.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

barry

mossy835

:bible: Prayers for his family and for his soul.  :jesus-cross:

flintlock

My dad lost one of his good friends a few years back the same way.  4-wheelers too!
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

turkey slayer

OLE RASPY

Basser69

Tail Feathers

How tragic.  Yes, the time for us all to be out there on our equipment more is upon us.  Please be careful, your family needs you. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BOFF

Great reminder. Sorry it's due to the loss of your friend. Prayers for his family.

I've had several friends of the family die due to tractors flipping on them due to hills, and embankments.

It's easy to try to push along a little faster when the time to work is short, but it always seems to me, this is when things get broken, or people get hurt.

A good friend of mine once told me when it comes to operating heavy equipment:

"If you have to think about it twice, (doing something) don't do it."

That one statement has probably saved me, and the equipment I operate, more than I know.

God Bless,
David B.

hobbes

I had a neighbor get bounced off of one of the little old grey tractors ??? and cut both legs off with the bush hog that was behind it.  He lived a couple years in a wheel chair then had a heart attack that they thougth was stress related to the accident.

Also..........a previous coworker ran himself over with a 5' garden tiller behind the same kind of tractor a year or two ago.  He's still going through PT and I dont' think he'll ever get over it.  He posted photos of the damage to an arm and leg..........I wish I hadn't looked.

Both men were lucky they lived through the accident.

Prayers sent for the family of your friend.

Turkey Trot

I grew up in the country and I've known of several instances of death on farm equipment.  Most of them involved farmers that ran equipment a lot.  About 12 years ago, a fellow that used to work for my father and whom had virtually grown up working on farms and driving a tractor was killed when operating a cabless JD.  He was at the time working for a sod farm, and had been dropped off by a fellow in a truck to get the tractor, drive it out to the paved road, and take it to another farm.  The truck driver waited for him at the paved road and thought that there must have been a mechanical delay because it was taking so long.  He drove back down the field road and found him and he apparently fell off the tractor and was run over by it.

Tractors really need a good cage with roll bars and a restraining harness for the driver.  Even then you can sustain a head injury, but it would help.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Cleburne

Sorry to hear about this. Thanks for bringing up safety awareness.