OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SEC expansion

Started by 4nwtf, August 13, 2011, 12:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nwtf

Looks like the changes are coming.  I understand that Texas A&M brings very large tv markets in Houston and Dallas.  Clemson was once in the SEC, Missouri, well I don't understand that one at all.  FSU, kind of makes sense.  I am not certain that I like the  possible changes.  What do you guys think?  BTW, I'm ready for some college football!!!!!

gobbler74

I agree, Texas a&m ? Not sure about that move. I'm ready for fall and college ball too.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

savduck

Sounds like  joke to me.
Georgia Boy

RutnNStrutn

I like the SEC like it is. Then again, all those teams are cream puffs compared to the elite of the SEC. :lol:
Bring on some football and GO GATORS!!!! :icon_thumright:

Todd1700

Looks like it's not going to happen according to the news flash I just saw this evening.

SouthernThunder

ROLL TIDE!!!!! Its gonna be a great year!

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

drenalinld

Would rather not expand if I had a choice. I agree, I am so ready for college football!!

Go Hogs!!

davisd9

There is no need for expansion.  GO GAMECOCKS!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkey slayer

I dont know of any teams that are good enough to be in the sec! Geaux Tigers!!

simpzenith

Isn't it the SEC (South Eastern Conference)? Last I checked, Texas is not in the southeast...and Go Gamecocks! This is their year!

davisd9

Quote from: simpzenith on August 18, 2011, 01:40:55 AM
Isn't it the SEC (South Eastern Conference)? Last I checked, Texas is not in the southeast...and Go Gamecocks! This is their year!

A fellow Gamecock fan, alright!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ILIKEHEVI-13

I wonder who is going to win it all this year. 

Tail Feathers

A&M usually fields a pretty good team.  They make it to the top 25 every year but don't always end up there when it's all over.

But they are ranked #9 this year so things may be looking up.  It's a great school steeped in tradition.

As someone once said, A&M has lost football games but never lost a halftime show.  They have an impressive band.  But they should provide some good SEC football entertainment if/when the switch happens.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

simpzenith

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on August 18, 2011, 06:39:38 AM
I wonder who is going to win it all this year. 

I already answered that one.  ;D