turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which shotgun?

Started by barry, August 10, 2011, 02:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

Our local NWTF chapter is going to raffle off a shotgun this winter to earn some extra money for our Youth & Handicapped events.
We want to have a really nice shotgun for the prize.
Right now we are looking at going with either a Browning or a Bennelli

What make & model of these shotguns (in the $1200 and under range) would you like to see as a prize if you were buying a raffle ticket?
Other suggestions welcome!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

stinkpickle

Whatever you pick, I think it might be best if it had "Made in the U.S.A." stamped on it...especially these days.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

bird

Kywoodsman

Remington 870 express super mag

barry

Quote from: JohnDoe on August 10, 2011, 04:37:58 PM
Barry

How many attend the fundraiser. I do a gun every year for our banquet and sell the same number of tickets no matter the gun. A lesser gun may clear more money for you.

John

We'll be set up at a big game show expecting up to 10 THOUSAND people to attend

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Browning Silver NWTF edition.  If not the Silver, I'd say the Benelli Super Black Eagle American.

For once, it's nice to hear about a NICE gun being raffled off in association with the NWTF.

vaturkey

Barry

In addition to the shotgun, maybe top it with a nice scope & choke tube.
Just a thought !  Take Care   

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Spring Creek Calls

If I had $1200 for raffle guns, I'd do 3 USA pump guns, 870 Super Mag, an 870 3" 12 ga. and an 870 3" 20 ga. Could cover everyone from the youth to the big and tall.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

chatterbox

Quote from: vaturkey on August 11, 2011, 01:39:16 PM
Barry

In addition to the shotgun, maybe top it with a nice scope & choke tube.
Just a thought !  Take Care   

Ricky   :newmascot:
I agree with Ricky. My thought would be an 835 or 935 topped with a Burris FF II, and a PG .670

ctwny1

I would raffle off a Browning Maxus.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Gobblez on August 11, 2011, 06:24:14 PM
If I had $1200 for raffle guns, I'd do 3 USA pump guns, 870 Super Mag, an 870 3" 12 ga. and an 870 3" 20 ga. Could cover everyone from the youth to the big and tall.

Yup,...this is what I would do, too.   The more prizes you have in a raffle, the more likely people are to buy tickets. Most people who buy tickets for these are supporting the cause, not expecting to really win something.  The more chance they think they have to win something, the more likely they are to buy tickets. 

Also, keep the ticket prices down....no more than $5 a pop, and less than that is even better.  Too many raffles set the ticket prices at $10 or even $20 a ticket.  That eliminates a lot of folks as ticket buyers,...and gives people the impression that you are catering your raffle to the rich guy.  Keep ticket prices down and let everybody have a chance to get in!  The average guy will appreciate you, and your organization, much more because of it.

barry

The more prizes you have in a raffle, the more likely people are to buy tickets.

Also, keep the ticket prices down....no more than $5 a pop.
[/quote]

Good idea on multiple guns.

Ticket price will be $5 a piece or 3 for $10

drenalinld

Quote from: Gobblez on August 11, 2011, 06:24:14 PM

Paired with three long boxes! :you_rock: