OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sanctioned Calling Competitions

Started by Cove, August 10, 2011, 09:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cove

Where can you find them? I've looked on the website and looked over the map that supposedly lists all events in your area but there are very few. Anywhere else they're listed?

Longbeardfever4ever

There won't be very many until the contest season rolls around. Which typically runs starting january or February and ends in May, well up in PA that is.  Other good places to look for announcements/info for them is the Woodhaven competition corner-http://www.woodhavencustomcalls.com/FORUM/Forum20-1.aspx , The Ded Turkey Upcoming Contests- http://www.dedduck.com/forum/Forum-upcoming-contests , and then of course your state's NWTF page. http://www.nwtf.org/in_your_state/calling_events.php
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

savduck

Dave, not sure where to find all of them....but there will probably be one at the Unico show in January, always one in Perry in Febuary, and there be one at Bass Pro in Savannah in late Febuary.
Georgia Boy

Cove

Yeah I knew about the Unicoi competition, and it wasnt on the website under upcoming events for Ga so that's what got my mind to working. Thanks guys.

2INCHHOOKS

Dave, I believe there is one this weekend in ORLANDO. I know it is a little far and short notice give Joe B a call or hit up your bud Tim he might have information as well or I can text you Brian Z number he for sure would be able to tell you I think good luck

Devastator

ive heard some of your tube clips and you sound pretty good.good luck in the calling competition.what hooks call are ya useing?

davewamer

Yes indeed, the state championships and the Dixie open will be held at Unicoi. Look for the details to come out in or about NOV. 

drenalinld

He said "sanctioned" not jake calling...lol

vaturkey

Quote from: gobblerD on August 11, 2011, 09:28:36 PM
We'll see. But excellent point! If a man can consistently call in the Jake he will win any calling contest.

:anim_25:

I Agree !!    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Cove

Quote from: 2INCHHOOKS on August 11, 2011, 01:23:31 PM
Dave, I believe there is one this weekend in ORLANDO. I know it is a little far and short notice give Joe B a call or hit up your bud Tim he might have information as well or I can text you Brian Z number he for sure would be able to tell you I think good luck

I wish I was ready. Never tried competition calling but thought I may give it a try, it'll give me a reason to make more noise in and around the house year round.

savduck

Georgia Boy

Longbeardfever4ever

Quote from: timb on August 11, 2011, 07:55:45 PM
ive heard some of your tube clips and you sound pretty good.good luck in the calling competition.what hooks call are ya useing?

Are you referring to me??
  If so :D I'm loving the new hooks assassin line. I would recommend the assassin friction calls to anybody. My two favorites for the stage are the bronze glass and the aluminum. Best glass and aluminum I have ever run.
  I have quite a few custom made for me competition diaphragms from Scott right now.. Not ones that he sells online.

My favorite owl hooter for comp would have to be the bocote harrison hootin stick. I have never heard a hooter like it.
Hook's Custom Calls

Longbeardfever4ever

On that note, contests are a Ton of fun! I love competing and working to sound better. It really helps with confidence in your calling in the woods. One can learn a lot about calling at contests, and a lot about turkeys by listening to CDs of turkeys. Like I said, working to sound better is half of the fun. I hear guys that call decently but don't do anything to improve their calling year by year. Practice by listening to turkeys and it can help tremendously.  :z-winnersmiley:
Hook's Custom Calls