turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camera Arms

Started by Cove, August 09, 2011, 06:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cove

I need some recommendations, I'd like to take my video camera up the tree with me this year and try to get some bow kills on film. I'm no professional so I'm not looking to spend $300 on a camera arm but dont want a flimsy piece of junk either. I hunt from a lock on a good bit so it'll have to be one that attaches to the tree and not the stand. Thanks for any help.

So far I'm checking out the 3rd arm the closest. 

OLE RASPY

TRKYHTR

This is the one I got for my KS deer hunt last year. I didn't use it much because it rained almost everyday and I wasn't going to use it in the rain. My camera was probably a little heavy for it but it still worked. That said I wasn't much impressed with it. You are more than welcome to use it Dave.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

OLE RASPY

Quote from: TRKYHTR on August 09, 2011, 08:40:30 PM
This is the one I got for my KS deer hunt last year. I didn't use it much because it rained almost everyday and I wasn't going to use it in the rain. My camera was probably a little heavy for it but it still worked. That said I wasn't much impressed with it. You are more than welcome to use it Dave.

TRKYHTR

Is that a gorrilla arm.Looks like one.It does look a little heavy for it.My camera is small.

Cove

I looked at the gorilla but saw some bad reviews, I'll continue to look.

And thanks Joe!

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Cove

What's the take on the gorilla? Reviews say they are flimsy. . . yall finding this?

vicksburg

I ordered mine last year from here.  Very nice arm and head.  The gorilla arm's head is a piece of junk.  It is jerky, and doesn't move the camera fluidly.

http://the3rdarm.com/
]

Cove

Which model did you go with?

vicksburg

I got the Outback model, but it all depends on how big your camera is.  I think my arm is rated for a 6 pound camera. I should have gotten a bigger one, but didn't want to spend the extra money at the time.  My camera weighs a little over 7 with the wireless mic reciever and shotgun mic attached, but it works fine.
]

OLE RASPY

Quote from: Covehnter on August 10, 2011, 09:22:09 AM
What's the take on the gorilla? Reviews say they are flimsy. . . yall finding this?
I like the gorrila arm i used it for bout 3 years dont do much videoing anymore but i liked it.I have a small sony handycam videoHi8 and didnt have a problem with it being flimsy.The bigger cameras may be a problem dunno.Good luck in your search.

Cove

Quote from: vicksburg on August 10, 2011, 09:42:58 AM
I got the Outback model, but it all depends on how big your camera is.  I think my arm is rated for a 6 pound camera. I should have gotten a bigger one, but didn't want to spend the extra money at the time.  My camera weighs a little over 7 with the wireless mic reciever and shotgun mic attached, but it works fine.

How long is that model? Thats the one I was looking at but couldnt find a length.

vicksburg

Quote from: Covehnter on August 10, 2011, 10:17:35 PM
Quote from: vicksburg on August 10, 2011, 09:42:58 AM

How long is that model? Thats the one I was looking at but couldnt find a length.
I'll measure it tonight.
]

LX_Trkyhntr

I used to have a 3rd arm, it was a good system ,but was heavy.  I had the old style steel one.

I upgraded to a tree arm from Muddy, it was the bomb!!  I had the hunter model, which is $300.00, but I was running a Canon XH-A1, if you have a smaller camera you could use the outfitter model which is about $160.00  You will need your own pan head to go on the arm.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i