OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Game camera photo viewing question .

Started by redarrow, August 08, 2011, 09:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Right up front I confess I ain;t the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to technology. I have an older Cuddeback that I got from Kamski. What do I need in order to view the pics on my computer. The camera will be 2 hundred miles away on a bear bait so I cant plug it into the tv or puter. Is there a gizmo that I can plug the little square card photo storing thingie into and attach to the computer USB port ? YES ,I do know what a USB port is. LOL . I know there is a viewer that plugs into the camera and allows me to view the pics on sight,but I don't want to hang around the bait site while doing so.Therefore home viewing is my only option.

FANMAN

I just swap out my SD card and either put it in my digital camera or , my laptop has an SD card slot to veiw them on th computer.A couple of companys make card viewers in the $60 to $90 range..........Good luck Red.

honker22

You should be able to take the memory card out of the Cuddeback and plug it straight into your computer.  I have an old model, one of their first digital ones and it has the big, bulky card.  Luckily, I have an older printer that accepts the big cards.

If you don't have any place to put the card, I think you can transfer from the camera to a computer using a USB cord.  Once you plug it in, the computer weill recognize there is new hardware and you should be able to download, following on screen instructions.

All the newer models use the smaller cards and I have multiple ones and swap them out in the woods without pulling the camera. 
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

redarrow

My printer has a card slot.So if I plug the card into the printer can I then view it on my monitor ?

TRKYHTR

I just use my digital camera. Take the old SD card out of the trail cam and put it into your camera. Works great.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

redarrow

Being that it is an older camera the card will not fit into my digital camera.

Mag10

Red,
It sounds like you have a CF card (compact flash) in your camera.  If you have your printer set up to print from your computer you can probably download from your card and view your pics on the monitor.

redarrow

My Cudde has a SanDisk 256mb. My printer has a slot for that disk. My printer has a viewing window that I could probably view the photos on.But the view window is really small. My eyes aint what they use to be. If I could put the disc in the printer port and then view the photos on my computer monitor that would be great,but I dont think I can do that.

honker22

Quote from: redarrow on August 08, 2011, 09:57:35 AM
My printer has a card slot.So if I plug the card into the printer can I then view it on my monitor ?

Sounds like we have similar printers and the same exact cuddeback/memory card.  Yes, it should come up on your monitor... test it out and stick some other cards in there and see what happens.  If it doesnt prompt you on the screen, Click Start, and then goto My Computer and it should be on there.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

a-j calls

WII game system also has a slot for sd card viewing.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

redarrow

I think i'm in business fellas. Went to Wallyworld and got a card reader for 12 bucks. Funny thing is it works on my wife's laptop but it wont work on my computer. I also can;t find the sandisc I need. Nobody carries the 1 GB for the dinosaurs.Cudde recommends a max of 1 GB

2INCHHOOKS

you can use a 2gb any brand does not have to be scandisk,  no big deal just more memory the real old ones are 1gb not much out there for them. That Kingston card reader is sufficient as well. you can google drivers for the device you are trying to read from sounds like your computer is missing it. or try to plg your device into another usb port it might download driver automatically.  Good luck

Scout24

You can still find 1GB SanDisk CF cards on Ebay but they have gone up quite a bit with their scarcity. Saw a 5 pak there today for $60, about what I paid for a 10 pak of them 5 years ago. I'll usually just swap it out for an empty card or use a Cuddeviewer to transfer them all to a SD card, delete the images from the CF and put it back in the camera. Only takes a couple minutes.