OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got This One Today

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, August 03, 2011, 04:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ok I'm not going to get excited over this light.  But it is the best one I have bought yet.  I highly recommend it to any member here who is wanting a super bright beam at a great price.  These lights aren't like lights that we grew up with as kids.  You just have to see if for yourself to appreciate it.  This seller got this light to me in 12 days.  That is fast and he is good.  Light was just flawless.  This light is rated at 1600 lumens.  I compared it to my 1200 lumen 5 led light and it drowns out the beam from it in comparison.  

This was the seller I bought it from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310332786352&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I'll post a night shot down the street later.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

I will add that I have read that each of the CREE XR-E Q5 LED bulbs are said to put out around 280 lumens just so you know. 

drenalinld

Whatever! You are excited. Mine should be here by the weekend!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: drenalinld on August 03, 2011, 06:37:31 PM

Nope!  It's just a damn flashlight.   :z-guntootsmiley:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: drenalinld on August 03, 2011, 06:37:31 PM

This thing smokes! 

Your gonna love it.  I can't wait til dark.   :toothy12:

drenalinld

Well, I'm ready to try mine out already!! :z-guntootsmiley:

ILIKEHEVI-13

I'll try to show you guys a video about what happens when you turn up the amps to the Cree led bulb or bulbs.  This is why I said 3 batteries will be brighter than 2 from the same model light.  Just like a 2 battery light will be brighter than 1.  Give me a sec and I will post a video.

Well I can't seem to find it.  There was guy on youtube that was turning up the amps I beleive to a led bulb.  And it just kept getting brighter.   

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I also wanted you guys to see why if you want a more concentrated hotpsot and throw a single led is the way to go.  Watch this video and see.

http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_234&products_id=2965

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ok here's a beam shot off the side of my house.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Houndstooth Game Calls

Your gonna burn that tree down with that gamma ray!!!!! The sky in bama lit up and I new you had gotten that new flashlight!! :icon_thumright:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on August 03, 2011, 11:57:21 PM
Your gonna burn that tree down with that gamma ray!!!!! The sky in bama lit up and I new you had gotten that new flashlight!! :icon_thumright:

Hey thanks buddy!

Funny you should mention that.  I told my son that beam shot in the tree looks like it's burning a hole through it.   :toothy12:

This light is bright.  

selinoid44

That thing is bright. Do they make it to snap on to the 1913 milspec rail on my Sig?

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

Saylfish

IAFF 1377

ILIKEHEVI-13

I found that video on youtube.  I can't post it here for it has a curse word in it and wouldn't be appropriate to this site.  But the guy turns up the volts which increases the amperage and the led gets brighter and brighter.  When he takes the amperage up to 3 it lights up the whole room.  Anyone wanting to see it I can send it to you in a pm.