OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

riding around listening to the radio

Started by savduck, July 27, 2011, 02:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

News report about a mountain lion getting hit on the highway in CT. They thought it was a tame pet that got turned out, but DNA test showed it was the same cat that came through and had been spotted in PA earlier in the year. They said it was a western mountain lion and had come from the Black Hills of SD.

Sets a record for the furthest a big cat has traveled. Guess they dont know about these Cats as much as they think. Lots of reports in the South of sighting and they say we are crazy....no big cats are left on the east coast except in Florida
Georgia Boy

rtsj

They think coyotes are bad. Wait and see the hurtin a few lions will do on the whitetails. :angry9:

lightsoutcalls

I saw a dead mountain lion on the side of the road near Morrilton, AR a few years back.  I kick myself for not going back and taking a picture.

I have a cousin west of Tulsa, OK that found one of his calves about 15' up a tree.  I have a feeling there are more of these cats around than we know of.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

honker22

It's the same story in Louisiana everytime one is seen or a trailcam pic is taken... The authorities say it is a cat travelling from Texas.  I am 100% sure I have seen one in my lifetime... 30 yards, standing still, in my headlights while I'm stopped.  It was hard to mis-identify.  Wildlife and Fisheries just kinda laughed when we told them.  Guess I should have run over him
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

rtsj

I GUARANTEE you if I see one and i'm capable I'm killing it.  It cant be illegal if they dont exist in Pa.  Oh yeah I'll shoot bigfoot too. Tired of that debate!!  Then Ill eat my Jerkey.    :TooFunny:

savduck

i think there is a bunch of stuff out there we dont know about. Lots of woods left, and fewer people in them every year.
Georgia Boy

hookedspur

:icon_thumright: :happy0064:
Quote from: rtsj on July 27, 2011, 04:48:49 PM
I GUARANTEE you if I see one and i'm capable I'm killing it.  It cant be illegal if they dont exist in Pa.  Oh yeah I'll shoot bigfoot too. Tired of that debate!!  Then Ill eat my Jerkey.    :TooFunny:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Cove

I had a huge panther foil a setup in the Everglades a couple years ago. He slipped by me at a mere 10 yards. Seeing a cat that big I could only imagine the influence it would have when introduced to a new habitat.

Devastator

im with ya man,if i see one and i kill it the first place im going is the local paper and then the local news station.then i will get ahold of the pgc!!!!

drenalinld

The Ark. Game and Fish will not recognize mountain lions b/c they would be classified as endangered and take a good portion of their budget to protect them. I suspect other states face a similar dilemma.

Wendell, there are a few around Morrilton - Petit Jean Mtn. area for sure. I have seen them several times and on occasion we hear one scream at night. I missed one with a rifle a few years ago that was after cattle. Those things can run!!!

3.5inchpainfulldeath

My buddy and i where bow hunting in a blind in waterford VA last year as saw a black panther!!...  i know, i know. ....  yeah right... but sure enough HUGE panter about 150 yards from us.  checked it out with binocs... and WOW...   Needless to say our bows came off the stands and in the hands!!!

Jay

We've got em in Iowa, and with the amount of Deer road kill, we could feed hundreds. They wouldn't even have to work for a meal.

rtsj

Quote from: timb on July 27, 2011, 09:42:45 PM
im with ya man,if i see one and i kill it the first place im going is the local paper and then the local news station.then i will get ahold of the pgc!!!!
Timb:   I've personally asked them about mountain lions cause i know of two different guys that said they would bet their lives they were lions. Pgc said it would not be illegal to kill them cause they are not a wildlife species recognized. Your right though show the media first for proof and then Pgc cause you know that would be bad publicity for them.

barry

I GUARANTEE you if I see one and i'm capable I'm killing it.  It cant be illegal if they dont exist in Pa.  :TooFunny:

Game department says they don't exist here in VA...BUT the game laws say it is against the law to shoot one. WTH! So..it's against the law to shoot something that does not exist?????????

Ol'Mossy

I saw one 5 years ago in Pa.  I KNOW what I saw.